Model Validation Officer The Model Validation Officer is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the model risk management framework with respect to regulatory guidelines and expectations.
Position Competencies Successful incumbents possess business acumen, demonstrate creativity and interpersonal savvy, make timely decisions, have excellent presentation and planning skills.
Position Responsibilities: 1. Provide independent commercial (C&I, CRE) and retail (Heloc, Mortgage) credit risk model validation services and support for the Model Risk Oversight Committee (MROC) and the Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Committee (EWRM) on relevant businesses and functional areas.
2.Responisble for conducting independent model testing including evaluation of conceptual soundness and developmental evidence, checking the model's accuracy, demonstrating that the model is robust and stable, assessing potential limitations, and evaulating the models behavior over a range of input values.
3.Perform rigorous assssment of data quality and assumptions relevance, and appropriate documentation especially where management judgment is used.
4. Lead the effective review, documentation and maintenance of relevant model validation, including model theocratic framework, model prototypes, model development white paper, implementation documents and supporting materials, model testing and documents related to external model reviews and regulatory examinations.
5. Perform advanced quantitative assessments of all aspects of CCAR Model, Basel II IRB PD, LGD, EAD models and other commercial credit decision models, including but not limited to theoretical aspects, model design and implementation, data integrity and reliability, standard model performance test (KS, AR,Somers'D) and back end reports (PSI, Charateristics Analysis, Concentration analysis).
6. Drive standardization of validation processes and oversee the maintenance and enhancement of tools and techniques used to support challenger model development, model back testing and validation.
7. Establish and maintain strong relationships with key functional stakeholders (Modeler, Lines of business, IT, Ops).
Relocation Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Travel Travel is not required of this position.
* Master of Science degree or PhD from an accredited university in a quantitative field such as statistics, operations research, quantitative finance, econometrics, applied mathematics, engineering * 2 years of experience in using advanced analytical methods in solving complex problems * 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis * 2 years of experience with SAS and other modeling or statistical software * 1 years of experience in modeling credit, and/or market risk * 1 year of model validation experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled