"At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management with operations in nearly 50 countries and leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With a proven track record of financial strength and delivering on promises since 1868, the company prides itself on helping people plan for their future by protecting what matters most - their families and their achievements.
With 2014 total operating income of ~$70 billion, MetLife is ranked #39 on the Fortune 500 list and #50 on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world's largest public companies. Globally, the company has ~68,000 employees serving approximately 100 million customers, individuals, and businesses, including 90 of the FORTUNE 100. MetLife is also one of the largest institutional investors in the US with more than $450 billion in managed assets. FORTUNE Magazine's World's Most Admired Company survey recently named MetLife #1 in the Life and Health Insurance industry.
MetLife is an ambitious company with the scale, scope and talent to lead the transformation of the insurance and employee benefits industry, driving world class standards of performance around the globe. Launched in 2012 by MetLife Chairman and CEO, Steven Kandarian, the company's enterprise strategy is based on four cornerstones : Refocus the U.S. Business, Grow Emerging Markets, Build a Global Employee Benefits Business and Drive Towards Customer Centricity and a Global Brand. Concrete actions are well underway in each of these strategic focus areas, including moving to a horizontally-integrated global operating model to help drive greater leverage of technology and operations and the more consistent application of functional priorities across global markets.
As One MetLife, the company has defined common values shared across the enterprise: Put Customers First, Be the Best, Make Things Easier, and Succeed Together . These values guide how employees operate every day and are reflected in the company's commitment to creating a world-class organization which places a high value on motivational leadership, engaged talent, and customer focus. For more information on working at MetLife, please visit MetLife Careers . LOB/ Global Function
The Expatriate business is a full P&L business within the Global Employee Benefits organization that provides benefit coverage for US and Canadian employers who deploy employees on assignments outside of their home countries. The benefit coverages include medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, and AD&D as well as International Business Travel Medical. The expatriate business has achieved double digit growth in the past four years and is expected to keep that pace in the 2017-2019 plan cycle.
The North America Sales Leader will be responsible for driving growth for the expatriate business in both the US and in Canada with oversight of a team that is deployed nationally in the US as well as a sales leader in Canada. The incumbent will participate as a member of the expatriate leadership team and be responsible for developing and delivering on the sales strategy. DEPARTMENT:
Global Employee Benefits-Expatriate THE ROLE:
The incumbent will develop and implement the expatriate business sales strategy and guide a team of 6-8 sales professionals to meet and exceed the sales plan.
The expatriate business has aggressive ANP and PFOI targets in the 2017-2019 plan and the leader will need to facilitate the development of the sales team in the US as well the expansion into Canada.
The coordination with US and Multinational sales partners will also be critical to this role. LOCATION:
Wilmington, DE or Bridgewater, NJ Key Relationships:
Reporting directly to the VP, Expatriate Business, this position will partner with Service, Operations, Marketing, Finance, HR, Compliance, Products and Underwriting to deliver results. This role will directly impact accelerating profitable growth and optimizing shareholder value for MetLife. The position will have primary P&L responsibility for the Expatriate Sales Division
Reports to: VP Life Businesses
Direct Reports: 6-8 Regional Sales leaders across the US Key Responsibilities:
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS: Business Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- Lead the Expatriate Sales vision and strategy to ensure profitable growth of the Expatriate business
- Establish and/or maintain relationships with customers in the Expatriate business marketplace Additionally, create and maintain relationships with key brokers in market
- Oversee and direct marketing plans for target customers including services, satisfaction, and sales of Expatriate products
- Work closely with the Product and Marketing organizations to deliver a consistent and profitable product set incorporating profitable growth plans for the Expatriate business
- Responsible for driving strategic account planning process to ensure proactive and comprehensive customer development across entire product portfolio
- Monitor overall satisfaction of customers with MetLife and the way we do business with them. Provide direction for sales team in the areas of market segmentation, prospecting, sales and compliance
- Ensure that all members of the Sales Team are aligned to the EB strategy in providing sales, portfolio growth, persistency and earnings to meet targets
- Promote close cooperation and coordination between Sales and other key operations (underwriting, implementation, customer service, and clients)
- Collaborate with underwriting and finance in building profitable customer retention initiatives
- Develops and promotes a value proposition for identified EB business segments
- Implementation of strong pipeline management leveraging SFDC
- Partner with leadership of internal partner areas (product, billing, enrollment, etc) as well as Sales and Service staff to maintain and improve high levels of satisfaction
- Partnering with the sales support functions to drive prospecting activity, positioning for 2nd sale and cross sell opportunities, and working as liaison with internal partners to improve sales support delivery
- Providing thought leadership in marketplace and internally with business partners
- Recruit, motivate, develop and retain a diverse sales professional organization within an ever-changing marketplace. Ensure ongoing growth and development of team and organizational bench strength. Conduct training and monitor compliance
- Strong record of success in leading sales growth with P&L responsibility
- 10-15 years of relevant experience, ideally including group insurance background
- Ability to develop and execute on strategy and build businesses for growth
- Strong record of success in leading sales teams to meet and exceed sales plans
- Accomplished change management leader, able to operate effectively in a highly matrix environment
- Experience in analyzing EB sales opportunities through an AV lens and adjust the business portfolio to achieve sales targets
- Used data from multiple sources to apply business metrics such as: new sales, pipeline management, closing ratios, persistency, and A&P costs
- Strong relationship management capabilities in support of Customer/Broker Consultant relationships, etc.
- Strong business acumen, proven ability to act strategically, make decisions, and build partnerships and teams
- 5 - 8 years of experience in Sales Leadership developing and coaching a strong sales organization
- Proven record of strong revenue & earnings results
- Financial experience - managing budget, underwriting, analyzing financial performance
- Presence with external network as industry expert / thought leader
- Strong skills and solid background in leading cultural change in an evolving environment
- Ability to meet appropriate License requirements
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company's strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Motivates People - Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company's vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Grows Talent - Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.