McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Health Solutions delivers industry-leading clinical evidence and expert technology to help payers and providers collaborate for better healthcare outcomes at lower costs. Our solutions reduce unnecessary healthcare utilization while improving outcomes; operationalize complex volume- and value-based payment models; and optimize billing communication between providers, patients and payers. Our solutions are in more than four out of five payers in the country; more than 3,900 hospitals and facilities use our InterQual® evidence-based decision support criteria; and our RelayHealth® financial solutions are used to automate 1.9 billion financial transactions each year.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Reporting to the VP of Analytics and Growth Strategy, the AVP of Analytics Product Management is responsible for the continued success of a revenue cycle intelligence and benchmarking product line. They will be responsible for achievement of the product P&L including justification of investment and long range plan, managing expense, facilitating selling, and monitoring operations in a matrix environment. This role will manage and develop a team of product subject matter experts and service consultants.
This product owner role requires strategic, business, and industry acumen. You will investigate significant trends, competitor positioning, and company assets to identify opportunities to build, buy, or partner for technology. Their team will both drive the Agile development process as well as prescriptive ongoing engagement with customers to achieve outcomes.. They will establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to subordinates. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated product adoption successes from determining, justifying, and driving diverse new opportunities within healthcare and/or technology firms. Their management scope will include developing business cases for new growth opportunities, coordinating product launches, monitoring market adoption and customer success, and product enhancements. They will develop strategic long term roadmaps for multiple market segments. Their charter is to create technology and service opportunities that leverage both the company’s core assets as well as external assets to transform current industry practices and create financial growth for our business.
10+ years of product management experience including 7+ years managerial experience
• Experience building and defending investment cases and delivering against P&L metrics
• Success managing solutions through the product life cycle (ideation to adoption and maintenance) in an Agile development environment
• Entrepreneurial approach to market analysis and product strategy development aligned with trends, competitive activity, and technology evolution
• Expert in translating customer business needs into novel product value propositions
• Ability to quickly and independently immerse and demonstrate innovative, big picture thinking
• Ability to influence, direct, and collaborate with senior leadership, Product Management, Development, Marketing, Sales, and Operations teams
• Solid quantitative skills and experience in business intelligence, analytics, and/or decision support requirements definition and deployment of business requirements to reporting systems
• Track record of maintaining relationships with customers and external solution vendors to identify new customer value propositions, emerging competitive activity, and 3rd party alignment opportunities
• Building & Managing Organizational Talent – Attract, select and develop the highest caliber of talent available. Consistently places the right people in the right positions and assures they are successful in their roles
• Advanced presentation skills and proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• 5+ years of concentration in technical product management, analysis technologies, and/or advanced analytics highly preferred
• Experience in healthcare information technology, particularly with healthcare finance and administration processes desirable
BA or BS degree required. MBA or advanced degree in business or a quantitative discipline such as economics, statistics, math or computer science preferred
Ability to travel periodically up to 25%
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.