Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The AVP – Operational Risk Management is a new position being created, responsible for the design and implementation of Brighthouse Financial’s Operational Risk Management program. This position will report directly to the Head of Enterprise Risk Management. The role is designed to partner with the 2nd and 3rd Line of Defense organizations – Compliance, IT-Risk, SOX, and Internal Audit to ensure a well-coordinated and efficient comprehensive Operational Risk approach. The role will liaise with other subject matter experts within Risk Management and the other partner organizations. The incumbent will support and collaborate with business unit owners and will support the development of risk analytics and reporting.
The primary objective of the function is to ensure a comprehensive understanding of, and appropriate mitigation of the operational risks impacting the effectiveness of the business, with an initial focus on risks associated with the separation from MetLife and the ongoing support from MetLife under Transitional Service Agreements
The incumbent will need sufficient experience, stature, and credibility in the organization to provide effective support and challenge.
• Set a team climate that aligns to the Brighthouse culture
• Employ inspiring leadership qualities that result in motivated teams
• Communicate vision and strategy to the staff and across the organization
• Develop an effective operational risk reporting package designed to enable deliberate risk decisions
• Engage and coordinate with partner organizations within the company on assessment of key risks and the development and monitoring of internal controls to mitigate operational risk
• Provide guidance to associates within the company on best-practices related to operational risk
• Identifies and provides necessary training
• Effectively communicate and accurately represent the operational risk profile with all stakeholders, including regulators.
• Strong understanding of operational risk practices
• 10+ years of experience with risk assessment, evaluation of control effectiveness, and reporting of operational risk issues
• Accomplished change management leader, able to operate effectively in a highly matrix environment
• Demonstrated ability to design and manage implementation of sustainable and repeatable processes
• Communicates and accurately represents the risk profile of the business or strategies to business and function leaders
• In-depth knowledge of financial services operations
• Proven track record as a subject matter expert, adept at leveraging skills to address business issues and fulfill financial objectives
• Graduate degree preferred, but not required
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.