: AVP Planning & Governance
: NYC, NY
: This role is responsible for implementing and managing effective execution of the Americas strategic business plan, ongoing operations and supporting technology. This includes:
- Leading and coordinating the Americas portfolio planning and governance processes and forums at the portfolio level.
- Ensuring effectiveness and consistency of planning, execution and governance at the segment and initiative / project level with the appropriate oversight, dependency management and escalation processes.
- Managing and analyze the overall plan of specific initiatives related to Americas and Enterprise strategies to achieve desired targeted metrics and results.
- Overseeing the Americas technology portfolio across the business, application development and supporting infrastructure
- Serve as the leader of Americas planning and governance, driving strategic direction within and ensuring alignment across the Americas portfolio.
- Work closely with the VP of Portfolio Management to develop and oversee the plan, managing change over time. This requires coordinating across America’s business segments, America’s business partners and aligning with the Enterprise.
- Drive strategic direction and priorities into the annual planning process, overseeing the process and ensuring outputs are aligned to achieve objectives.
- Analyze complex data, make recommendations and present recommendations to senior management
- Oversee and improve governance processes and forums including the Americas Investment Committee and Americas Governance Board.
- Manage and optimize interfaces and partnership with the Enterprise and Americas segments, facilitating leverage of best practices.
- Direct America’s planning and governance related communication activities and content of supporting materials.
- Identify, assess and escalate issues and challenges, providing recommendations for resolution.
- Provide updates to Americas Leadership, Americas Investment Committee, Americas Governance Board, and Enterprise and business segment-level governance as required.
- Ensure high quality of Americas planning and reporting materials, including those used in highly visible forums with Americas Leadership, the Executive Group and the Board of Directors.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements to the strategic planning, governance oversight, and joint business/technology planning and execution processes.
- Collaborate closely with peers to manage a holistic approach to strategy, planning and governance. Coordinate and align processes and supporting tools.
- Diligently manage resources to keep expenses within prescribed budgetary limits.
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of Americas Planning and Governance forums and processes for overall portfolio management. Overall technology portfolio planning and governance of over $750 million.
- Manage a team of 2-4 resources.
- Facilitate partnership across corporate partners, Americas Business segments and Americas Partner organizations (e.g., Finance, Technology: Application Development and Enterprise Infrastructure, Communications, eBusiness, etc.
- 10+ years of experience in various business roles with progressive responsibility, preferably within the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated experience planning and overseeing business and supporting technology portfolio for a Fortune 50 company.
- Strong leader with demonstrated sound business judgment. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders.
- Strong skills in financial analysis and working with complex data
- Knowledgeable in Charge Back Allocations and downstream impacts
- Ability to champion change, inspire a shared vision and promote key values.
- Analytic thinker capable of streamlining and simplifying complicated processes across the organization.
- Able to achieve measurable results in a matrix setting through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership.
- Problem-solver with the ability to connect the dots and translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills – including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation – across a broad range of levels in the organization.
- Ability to work independently with flexibility and focus in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of the America’s organization, products, services and supporting technology is a plus MBA or Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced skills in business management tools including: Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access and Project; MetLife portfolio / financial management tools a plus.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop.
Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 – 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.