Responsible for driving the development and implementation of cross-functional and/or cross-business unit strategic initiatives. Oversees the development and implementation of strategic program management policies, standards processes, and methods. Oversees a staff responsible for business and/or systems process and initiatives analysis, design, implementation, execution, or operational management. Responsible for the analysis of existing integrated processes, shared business initiatives, procedures and methods to ensure and promote effective business and systems operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance or other methods. Creates process change by integrating different process together at all levels of definition. Oversees the staff management and implementation of proposed process, initiative and procedure enhancement programs. Provides overall direction to and guidance to strategic and operational activities while ensuring all projects, tasks and activities are aligned with the company standards and strategies.
1. Oversees the development and implementation of strategic long and short range plans to achieve objectives for business unit initiatives. Develops sponsors and leads key initiatives to address business strategy and profitability objectives. Ensures that initiatives and plans are consistent with the company's long-term vision and direction.
2. Oversees the definition and improvements of processes to provide cost-effective stewardship of assets and results including higher levels of revenue generation, cost savings, risk mitigation, and differentiation. Oversees the development and implementation of improvement strategies for future changes that impact cross-functional processes and initiatives.
3. Oversees all activities and functions of a staff involved in the design, development, configuration, customization, deployment, maintenance, and upgrading of a wide variety of business and/or system processes and initiatives. Ensures processes are followed within business and systems organizations. Oversees the communication strategy for shared business initiatives for executive as well as all associate audiences.
4. Oversees the day-to-day staff operations of multiple business and/or systems processes and initiatives with recognized expertise, including the operation of processed related tools. Oversees resources responsible for key process events and the fulfillment of customer requests and process deliverables through all phases of multiple process lifecycles.
5. Oversees staff providing top-level expertise to executives, customers and core business functions on a wide variety of process redesign and/or re-engineering initiatives and projects through continuous process improvements. Oversees staff identifying and implementing new and creative business and/or systems process redesigns for a wide variety of processes and strategies through facilitation and marketing.
6. Consults as an expert for a wide variety of processes to perform evaluations and develop recommendations by use of benchmarks, pilots, prototyping and modeling to assess potential use of new methods and workflows across multiple business and/or system processes. Consults on the evaluation of a wide variety of business and/or systems processes for design effectiveness and resource utilization to ensure process performance meets targeted service levels.
7. Oversees staff responsible for the analysis and alignment of customer vision, strategies and goals with the organization's infrastructure components including process design, product delivery, information technology systems, organizational functions and overall business structure. Oversees the development and recommendations on possible enhancements and integration of multiple processes, tools, and controls to increase the quality and optimization of business and/or information technology services and resources. Leads ongoing process design programs for multiple customers or systems organizations as an expert process consultant.
8. Responsible for consultation with Board of Directors, OCEO, executives, customers, peers and core business partners to develop business cases, process programs, and key strategies to identify, quantify, and deliver process design efforts in support of business visions, objectives, and strategies. Manages and monitors process design programs. Oversees business case preparation and financial analysis for key initiatives.
9. Oversees all aspects of a staff that manage and negotiate timelines and purpose of process design programs. Oversees a project team involved with the development, implementation, administration, and operation of a wide variety of new business and system processes and strategies, which include multiple functions, product lines, technology platforms, and business activities. Manages, supports, facilitates and serves as a subject matter expert on post-implementation and conformance reviews for complex processes to ensure conformance to process requirements.
10. Oversees a team who is responsible for consultation for a wide variety of integrated complex process tools and methods in order to develop, design, implement, monitor, maintain, operate, and improve multiple business and/or system processes. Mentors, educates and trains others on the use of multiple process design techniques, methods and tools as well as on the use-of and execution-of multiple business and/or systems processes and tools.
Typical Skills and Experiences
Education/Certification/Licenses: Education: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Business or related field. Graduate studies in related areas preferred. Product-related technical insurance course work (CPCU, CPU, LOMA) preferred. Process-related certifications preferred.
Experience/Skills: Experience: Ten years' minimum experience in business process design or operations. Experience in leading process teams.
Skills: Demonstrated expertise in multiple process disciplines such as insurance or financial business processes, IT Service Management processes, application development processes, and/or IT operations processes required. Must have demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts and techniques required. Must have an understanding of customer business environment. Must be fully competent in process development or process operations. Must have strong leadership skills with the ability to work with technical and business teams including virtual teams. Proven ability to work with process and technology vendors in the delivery of project solutions. Must have a breadth of knowledge of financial and technology market trends. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have the ability to make decisions and recommendations on process strategies while considering various options to business units and senior management required.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence. Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager's leader and HR Business Partner.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
A little about us:
Great culture. Great people. Great opportunities. Join us today and help protect what matters most.