AVP, Professional Services, Americas
Location: Any City, United States (Major Market preferred)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The AVP, Professional Services, Americas is responsible for the Professional Services P&L and all delivery activity in the Americas. Are you a transformational leader who can execute against a plan to deliver customer success and meet and exceed financial targets? Can you work cross functionally, expand adoption of Splunk products, offerings and use cases into new market areas and our customers' ecosystems? If the answer to these questions is yes and you bring a passion for building a positive employee culture, then please read on.
- You will be responsible for the direct management and leadership of the Americas PS team which will include recruiting hiring, people development, and performance management.
- Drive customer success related to Professional Services delivery for the US and Canada, as well as throughout Central and South America.
- In this role you will work closely with your Finance counterparts and oversee the (P&L) for the Professional Services team.
- Build and socialize services offerings around all aspects of PS related delivery.
- Meet organizational goals and manage to customer success, revenue expense targets, utilization, area and theater goals (top line growth), and services attach rates.
- Craft and promote standard methodologies within the team fostering quality and customer success on every engagement.
- Lead efforts to develop a high quality and scalable ecosystem (partners) that embraces Splunk's core values around customer success.
- Improve our delivery capacity and enable partners to deliver Splunk services independently.
- Collaborate with Market teams to ensure alignment with corporate marketing, product management, sales and others. This bi-lateral communication should provide input on products, customer feedback, new product opportunities, and competitive input.
- Work hand-in-hand with Splunk account teams and partners nationally on large opportunities, helping to position service delivery and best practices to deliver security solutions.
- Further the development of Splunk's partner ecosystem
- Lead the transformation of services to embrace a commercial mindset in a post-sales capacity.
- 15+ years of experience in Professional Services or related fields in an Americas or Global role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Business or meaningful technical field experience plus 10+ years of related Professional Services leadership experience. Bonus points will be given for MBA or Masters' Degrees.
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally with Sales and Engineering. History of successful collaboration across functions and geographies.
- This leader will possess the charisma and character needed to lead teams and manage at a VP level.
- Recognition of success factors associated with Cloud based deployments.
- Knowledge of what it takes to build a scalable Professional Services model in a fast-growing environment
- Experience working with Customer Success Managers to drive post sales adoption
- Travel is required up to 60%, possibly more at peak times.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.