Role Value Proposition: The Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Lead is the ultimate source of project and program financial reporting, documentation, guidance and metrics; supports the successful delivery of programs and projects undertaken, ensuring the appropriate resources are allocated; assist with advising managers and teams on the best use of project management disciplines and act as the first point of contact for any program and project level inquiries. Ultimately, this role provides annual portfolio oversight exceeding $800M.
- Overall project portfolio management for the region including tracking and reporting on portfolio performance, early identification of issues and risks, as well as portfolio change management
- Primary communication conduit to IT regional leadership on portfolio health
- Actively works with the IT business relationship management and business partners on the evaluation of incoming project demand and establishment of timing of project/program initiation based on resource availability and PAR process
- Lead all budget planning, analysis and reporting activities in the region
- Lead the creation of all investment committee reviews and recommendations
- Develop positive relationships with managers and staff in the regional application development teams to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects, and training
- Execute portfolio risk management and portfolio communication strategy
- Lead for all analytics and reporting completed for Regional CIO’s, including monthly operating reviews, monthly dashboards, input into DBR, quarterly executive reviews
- Lead vendor governance, CEAR, PARs and deal summaries
- Exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization
Travel Requirements: 10%
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10-15+ years of experience in large, global corporate environment preferably financial services industry; 10+ years of IT Infrastructure PMO and governance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and related field experience required; Advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrable experience planning and managing a project portfolio of greater than $600M annual spend.
- Demonstrable experience planning and managing multiple projects (>200) of $50M or more in spend.
- Organizational Change Management expertise.
- Excels at leading distributed, global teams.
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes
- Large corporate environment experience where coordination, collaboration and communication across multiple organizations is required for alignment, approvals, decision-making and governance
- Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management from a support perspective
- Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment
- Expert in effective management of multiple, concurrent projects
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
- Expert influencing skills to manage enterprise stakeholders, business partners, and teams of diverse composition (e.g. varying skill sets; in-house and outsourced) who are not direct reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs
- Motivates People - Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives
- Focuses on Customers - Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards
- Reports to: Lead Portfolio Planning, Project and Program Delivery for EI&A
- Direct Reports: 5 Direct; 10-15 indirect
- Other Key Stakeholders: MetLife Executive Group, Global Technology and Operations Executive Leadership Team, Cross Functional Department Leadership and many other senior leaders in the organization
MetLife, through our subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the largest life insurance companies in the world. Founded in 1868, we are a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management. Our employees serve approximately 100 million customers, individuals and businesses, including over 90 of the FORTUNE 100®.
We are ranked #40 on the Fortune 500 list and #48 on the Forbes Global 500 list. We have operations in nearly 50 countries, and hold leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are also one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with an over $500 billion general account portfolio as of December 31, 2015.
In 2015, FORTUNE Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Company survey named us #1 in the Life and Health Insurance industry. In 2016, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the first time. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
While we have tremendous respect for the past, we are a company firmly focused on the future. To adapt to a changing world, we are undergoing one of the most dramatic transformations in our history to reinvent how we do business so we can thrive in any environment. We are moving away from a traditional product-development model to one driven by customer insights. We are challenging historical norms by humanizing our industry and designing every customer experience to reflect the modern company we’re becoming. Our goal in everything we do is to offer customers truly differentiated value propositions that allow us to establish clear competitive advantages. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to our customers as they navigate life’s twists and turns.
At the center of our business strategy is a commitment to One MetLife – collaborating, sharing best practices, and recruiting, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry. We live by our values: Put Customers First, Be the Best, Make Things Easier, and Succeed Together. They guide how we operate every day.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.