5444 Westheimer (31761), United States of America, Houston, Texas
AVP, Relationship Manager
This position is for an entry-level business development banker focused on developing and servicing relationships with commercial clients. This role supports senior Relationship Managers (RMs) in preparing customer proposals, analyzing financials, completing pre-screen deal memos, and managing prospecting databases. Banker will also assist manager with data research, analysis and reporting.
- Assist senior Relationship Managers (RMs) in the preparation of customer presentations and term sheets, as well as manage the pipeline activity for sales reps and managers
- Shadow senior RMs to gain experience and provide support
- Under the direction of a Senior RM, complete pre-screen deal memos for senior RMs including analysis of industry and company financial condition, application of pricing models and evaluations of the viability and profitability of the opportunity
- Participate in the deal approval, underwriting and closing processes to acquire knowledge around products, deal structuring, market trends and client interaction
- Partner with internal stakeholders including Underwriting, Risk, Capital Markets and Treasury Management to provide an exemplary customer experience
- Mine Salesforce.com and outside databases to keep data current, and to identify and prioritize corporate prospects and their key decision-makers
- Conduct cold calls across prospect database to develop “warm leads” for senior RMs
- Completion of a credit training program or the equivalent in work experience
- Proven success in Corporate Sales and/or Risk
- Team player with proven ability to execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and foster relationships with senior management of customers and prospects
- Excellent business writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Highly proficient in MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- A Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Direct Sales or At least 2 years of experience in Risk Management or At least 2 years of experience in Finance or At least 2 years of experience in Audit or At least 2 years of experience in Sales Database Management
- A Master’s in Business Administration or a Master’s in Finance
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.