Enterprise Data Trust / Governance Lead Hartford, CT The Hartford
The candidate will lead The Hartford's Enterprise Data Trust, Data Governance Organization.
The organization of approximately 15 teammates is empowered to drive tangible business data value through the delivery and adoption of enterprise governance, data policies, standards, services & supporting technologies. The role will work very closely with line of business teams to motivate business data ownership and improve the quality of critical data across the enterprise. Responsibilities:
- Lead the enterprise data trust organization which includes accountability for:
- Data governance & principles
- Data quality, control & certification
- Metadata management
- Data knowledge management
- Enterprise data stewardship strategy
- Enterprise master data management strategy
- Define and execute the enterprise data trust strategy (18 month plan) with recurring milestones and appropriate expectation management with executive sponsors
- Manage and influence enterprise data quality through the recurring certification of enterprise data assets and the reporting of data asset health in the enterprise data scoring process
- Facilitate the enterprise Data Oversight Committee with senior executive leaders to:
- Maintain data governance strategy
- Define data quality priorities
- Manage data certification results & enterprise scorecard
- Promote business data ownership
- Manage data policy compliance
- Resolve data conflicts of enterprise data issues across lines of business
- Enterprise data trust advocate and change champion
- Enterprise champion and escalation support for line of business data stewardship teams
- Partner and support individual line of business data governance councils including:
- Commercial Lines
- Personal Lines
- G roup Benefits
- And others
- Define and promote data quality standards, controls and measures
- Enterprise champion to develop and grow enterprise data knowledge - both employee proprietary knowledge and written documentation
- Identify leading capabilities within lines of business to be shared and exploited across the enterprise
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in relevant field
- 5 years of experience leading enterprise data governance/quality initiatives across large complex organizations
- 10 years of data management experience such as BI reporting, data stewardship, data quality management, metadata management, data governance, data process ownership and/or data manufacturing
- Working understanding of industry best practices & technologies that effectively govern and manage data from various perspectives. (Data governance, curation, preparation, stewardship, analysis &/or reporting)
- Relationship management, execution & delivery
- Proven experience partnering with Business Intelligence, Analytical, Actuarial, &/or Data Science communities
- Proven ability to simplify technology and data concepts for business stakeholders to help drive adoption
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior management.
- Big picture
- Actionable plan to execute
- Results oriented with the demonstrated ability to apply strategic and decisive problem solving skills in ambiguous situations.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills at the senior management level
- Build talent within the team through coaching, opportunities and team growth by fostering an environment that is a destination for talent.
- Proven ability to create a high performing team that has a culture of continuous learning, collaboration, and is focused on business value and outcomes
- Build commitment and empower others, communicate with clarity, courage and timeliness
- P&C Insurance experience preferred.
***Role will be filled at the Assistant Vice President or Director level depending upon experience and qualifications. ***
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD