Overview: ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, parks and destinations and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries.
Description: This individual will be responsible for driving cross-line of business initiatives related to strategy, mergers & acquisitions, and growth across ARAMARK's core businesses. He/she will work with ARAMARK's senior leadership to develop and leverage organization-wide processes, capabilities and relationships to accelerate base business growth, develop new scalable service lines and vertical channels, and help identify and develop new business areas for ARAMARK Corporation. He/she will be a strategic resource to the broader organization and will be considered as a potential candidate for other senior management opportunities.
The qualified executive should be comfortable working in a team and a matrix environment to craft, partner on and execute strategy leveraging existing ARAMARK client relationships, creating new portals and alternative channels for our service/product distribution, identifying and cultivating partnership opportunities including joint ventures and M&A.
This executive must work effectively with the various Presidents, Operating and Marketing Global Food, Facilities and Uniform Services leaders, to successfully refine and integrate corporate growth initiatives with the appropriate operating businesses. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The individual will be responsible for the additional activities, but not limited to:
- Acting as a critical member of management in directing, managing and growing the business.
- Identifying and developing enhancements and extensions to existing lines of service that leverage the core competencies, while achieving a positive return on investment for ARAMARK and its clients as well as helping to develop and oversee the implementation planning of these initiatives in partnership with field operations and other appropriate function heads.
- Working with cross-functional teams to enhance ARAMARK's leadership and drive new areas of competitive differentiation across ARAMARK's markets.
- Leading the market and business analysis, as well as any necessary marketing research needed, to develop business case and gain internal support for growth initiatives.
The individual will report directly to David Ballarini, Senior Vice President, Strategic Development and will also have significant direct interface with senior management within many of the enterprise's key Lines of Business, Country Management Teams and functional Centers of Excellence.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
It is expected that the successful candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- A minimum of 7 years of business experience, including corporate strategy, growth M&A, alliance/joint venture, and/or other focused discipline that directly aligns with corporate strategic initiatives/growth.
- Expertise with a demonstrated record of progressively increasing responsibility, and broad portfolio of projects with multiple levels of complexity.
- Engagement management/Principal level experience from a leading strategy consulting firm (Bain, BCG, McKinsey, Booz Allen, Monitor, or other firm), combined by 'corporate' experience in a strategic development, corporate/business development or similar type role.
- Industry focus would be ideally from a consumer-facing business, or a service-driven business, although additional industry experiences would be considered.
- Strong command of change management issues and methodologies.
- Proven ability to take strategy from the concept stage to operational implementation, particularly in a role of influence across organizational structures.
- Strong experience in developing and applying strategy in a highly operational environment.
- Strong demonstrated strategic planning, financial and problem solving skills, developed either in a management consulting or corporate strategy/marketing/planning role.
- Demonstrated success in managing projects, including leveraging third-party consulting relationships.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to work effectively in both a line and a staff role in a decentralized organization.
- Effective people management and project team leadership.
- Strong and dynamic presentation skills.
- A strategic thinker who is capable of developing and articulating clear and compelling business unit strategies for both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to partner effectively to implement programs through a multi-layered, decentralized organization with various chains of command.
- The qualitative and quantitative analytical skills needed to build and implement insight-based strategic operations and marketing plans.
- A self-starter, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated and able to work effectively with little supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus the ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
- The ability to effectively manage others through influence as well as with direct authority.
- A natural leader with high energy and a sense of enthusiasm who can inspire and motivate others, thereby creating vision and commitment throughout the organization.
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- A strong value system, unquestioned integrity and good listening skills.
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, complemented by an MBA or advanced degree from a leading institution.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.