The Assistant Vice President Strategic Partners & Programs will report to the Head of Strategic Partners & Programs. The successful candidate will have direct responsibility for the strategic/financial success of many of the largest relationships within Small Commercial including National Partners, Alliances and Programs.
Oversight and management of multiple National Partners, Programs & Alliances
- Develop cohesive strategy, strategic roadmap and implementation plan to drive required growth, profit and strategic ambitions with each organization
- Schedule and facilitate strategy sessions with internal Small Commercial leadership team (Executive Leaders, Product, UW, etc.) and National Partners, Programs & Alliances
- Track and manage progress to desired outcomes
- Connect with Small Commercial Strategic Initiatives team to ensure linkage and alignment with the broader Small Commercial strategy
Grow the number of quality strategic partners to drive business growth
- Develop and manage profiles of potential partners
- Prioritize partners based on key characteristics
- Develop economic models and CBAs of potential partners and existing partnership models
- Prepare pitch materials, conduct capability assessment necessary to successfully implement new partners, and map out and execute partner on-boarding
Responsible for effective communication of business strategies
- Interact with senior management, understand various audiences and craft communications appropriate for such audiences.
- "Translate" strategic vision/direction into actionable steps and to synthesize information and data into pertinent messages/themes for broad consumption.
- Develop communication plan to enlist and excite the broader Small Commercial team
Work with Small Commercial Marketing and Strategic Partners & Programs leaders to accelerate penetration of existing partners
- Identify, develop and implement strategies to increase lead flow and lead quality
- Work collaboratively with Small Commercial marketing to develop and launch marketing programs and collateral to drive lead flow
- Develop scorecards and metrics to track engagement/performance
- Transition for ongoing maintenance once desired glide path is certain
Market assessment, emerging trends and competitive Intelligence
- Work with the Competitive Intelligence unit and others to ensure that Small Commercial and Strategic Partners & Programs team have an appreciation and understanding of market dynamics, competitive threats, emerging trends and innovations. When necessary, consult on or lead projects involving external threats and/or emerging opportunities to ensure that Small Commercials strategy remains relevant and fresh.
- Develop and share market assessment, competitive landscape intelligence
- As a flexible, forward thinker, effectively build and motivate high-performing teams, make sound decisions, and set clear direction
- 5-10 years of Small Commercial P&C experience, preferably within Sales, Product, Underwriting or Strategy
- 1-3 years of strategy consulting experience with a recognized strategy consulting firm and/or comparable business development experience
- MBA (major in Strategy, Finance or Marketing) highly desired
- Strong sales, relationship, organizational and leadership skills
- Must demonstrate strategic thinking as well as "roll up your sleeves" action
- Excellent persuasive communication skills and the ability to influence high-level decision makers both inside and outside of the organization
- Strategic business acumen and proven leadership skills, with potential to grow
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems
- Ability to identify business trends, changes in market conditions, and competitor activity and respond accordingly
- Well-versed in analyzing the key levers of Customer Experience
- Proven ability to lead change and comfort in a startup environment; will need to be at ease with shifting priorities, many unknowns, and limited direction
- Ability to articulate and promote a vision that is based on a depth and breadth of the strategic direction of corporation
- Ability to manage conflict, negotiate and create compelling business arguments
- Ability to influence diverse teams and building strong business relationships
- Ability to collaborate with and understand the needs of senior leadership and their staff- and translating those needs into actionable plans
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Experience working with Senior Executives
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrixed environment with exceptional influencing skills to gain support for new ideas and approaches required
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for action that drives exceptional performance.
- Work as a Team - Respect our teammates and work inclusively to achieve the best results.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Forge trusted relationships and deliver customer value with integrity.
- Strive for Excellence - Continuously improve to reach the highest standards and inspire others to do the same.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD