AVP, Underwriter & Portfolio Manager – Technology, Media & Telecom Cash Flow
Capital One is a Top 10 U.S. Bank that services a $65 billion loan portfolio and more than 6,100 clients. Capital One’s Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) business provides financing for corporate growth, mergers and acquisitions, balance sheet refinancings and recapitalizations to companies across the TMT sectors, including: application and infrastructure software, financial technology, cable, radio and television broadcasting, business information services and data analytics, educational media and services, entertainment media and communications infrastructure. The TMT business also provides a full range of other services including loan syndication, treasury management, capital market products, and institutional asset management.
As an Assistant Vice President on a cash flow team in Capital One’s Technology, Media & Telecom (TMT) organization, you will support underwriting teams by analyzing, closing & funding leveraged transactions. You will assist in various aspects of the underwriting process, from initial structuring & pricing through proposal issuance & acceptance to final closing. You will manage, monitor and report on portfolio accounts. In addition, you will interact with senior management, originations, capital markets, investment bankers, private equity firms & other commercial lenders.
• Assist in managing customer accounts to ensure customer retention, monitor account performance, compliance with documentation and credit approvals and identification of new opportunities.
• Prepare company and healthcare industry research and analysis. Analyze financial statements and prepares reports for management. Present and defend analysis to management, as necessary.
• Perform valuation analysis for projects and companies, and prepare full financial projects and financial models for project valuation.
• Conduct financial modeling to determine operating performance and assess risk. Develop strategies to mitigate ongoing risk.
• Review, assimilate, and critically summarize transaction-related documents.
• Manage accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications. Monitor and report on assigned portfolio.
• Provide support to all phases of a transaction after closing, including operations and financial monitoring, documentation, analyzing requests for consents and waivers and restructures of troubled account
• Develop strong customer relationships and identify opportunities for additional financing or refinancing
• Experience in finance or banking industries with exposure to large commercial transaction underwriting
• Experience in financial statements analysis, financial modeling and valuation
• Experience preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure
• Experience preparing and delivering presentations to management and peers.
• Cash Flow underwriting/portfolio management experience
• Familiarization with the Technology, Media and Telecom Industries
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 years of experience performing modeling
• 5 years of experience performing financial analysis
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration
• 5 years of underwriting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.