Are you equally fueled by your curiosity for human behavior as your passion for emerging technologies, UX methods and trends? Are you as excited to ideate conceptual north stars as you are to research, iterate and ship features? Do you thrive in highly collaborative business environments? Inspire and motivate as you set the bar for UX quality and strategy?
This is your opportunity to lead a multi-disciplinary team of designers to transform brand touchpoints and shape memorable customer, agent and employee outcomes at The Hartford. About This Opportunity As the AVP, User Experience
your role is not simply to embrace best practices, and scale great design across the digital ecosystem - your role is to champion design as a catalyst for innovation. You understand the impact and opportunity of Design Thinking to transform teams and perspectives, to iterate and nurture meaningful customer interactions. You're an experiential visionary with a holistic appreciation of the brand and the role of emotional and behavioral design strategies to impact the customer experience.
You will partner with business, product and customer experience teams to shape a holistic vision for brand interactions that are as usable, and accessible as they are memorable. Responsibilities As the AVP, User Experience you will:
- Lead and develop a human-centered design approach for The Hartford's omni-channel digital servicing and marketing ecosystem for customers, agents and employees
- Provide creative and experiential leadership from research to usability, accessibility and inclusive design, through strategy, ideation and prototyping, information architecture and taxonomies, interaction design, to copywriting, content, behavior and insights
- Recruit, coach, manage and motivate a team of talented designers. Help shape career paths, advocate and create opportunities for growth, and own a vision for collective growth and contributions and value of the team
- Lead the effort to scale great design across the organization, oversee the creation of our pattern library, institutionalized use of best practices, design standards and heuristics to champion a seamless, cohesive digital ecosystem
- Contribute to research and communicate emerging trends and technologies across the organization (e.g. AI, Conversational UX, AR, IoT, etc.)
- Creatively solve complex business, technical and customer challenges through process and service improvement, as well as the use of existing and emerging technology
- Inspire passion, dedication and great work
- Oversee the design process in an agile environment, the intake of work, scheduling and project allocations
• Minimum 12 years' experience as one or multiple of the following: Information Architect, Interaction Designer, or Experience Designer in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer environments.
• Minimum 5 years' experience managing UX and design teams specifically, and a history of success working across organizational boundaries.
• Strong leadership skills with proven ability to mentor and develop other designers through coaching, performance management, talent development and effective team building skills.
• Degree in design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Science or a related area appreciated. Advanced degree in these fields a plus.
• Excellent understanding of user experience design for the web and mobile, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
• Ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and vendors and interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Ability to combine customer-based information with understanding of the industry and company to create insights and influence idea development and decision-making processes with respect to front-end design.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate critical facts, plans and progress to various constituencies.
• Proven thought leader - continuously seeks and drives new ideas and better ways of accomplish tasks.
• Familiarity with content management, search, and online marketing methods such as search, email, etc.
• Familiarity with latest technologies and trends including, web 2.0, rich media and social networking. Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.