Top Three Skills:These Requirements are set to find the perfect candidate working within an and provide overview Agile environment and relevant skills:
1. 1 - 4 years of relevant technical AWS/ cloud experience
2. Hands on working knowledge of global AWS deployments at scale based on experience
3. Experience with puppet/ansible/chef/salt for automation of systems deployment and management
4. 4+ years experience on Linux/Unix operating system support for mission-critical environment
5. Excellent TCP/IP networking experience and understanding (including LB, VPN, Firewalls, etc)
6. Scripting and systems-related programming skills
Job Description: LOGICnow Environment
We operate in a hybrid cloud environment supporting four distinct SAAS products. Recently we have been expanding add on features within our core products to run at Amazon. We are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join our global DevOps organization as a resident expert who can work across the Development and Operations team to optimize both technical implementations as well as possessing knowledge on AWS cost optimization. Our DevOps organization is a global team responsible for deployment, configuration management, maintenance, and monitoring of the infrastructure which supports the LOGICnow family of cloud-based products.
This is a highly collaborative role where you will work closely with the product engineering teams to consult on the optimal deployment configurations, lead new project deployments, and provide ongoing operational support. The LOGICnow family of SaaS offerings and their underlying infrastructure are both experiencing substantial growth. Our platforms are predominantly Linux based however we also have and important, and growing, set of Windows based platform features. The System Engineer will play an important role in supporting the 24x7 availability and ongoing growth of our service offerings.
A successful candidate will possess a high degree of technical skill, have a collaborate approach to problem solving, and have a financial understanding of the solutions we build. If this describes you and you are passionate about what you do and thrive in a challenging, high-growth, and dynamic environment, please read on.
* Work with operations and engineering team to optimize cloud deployments.
* Ensure 24x7 availability of service offerings
* Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration management processes
* Optimize security of all operational systems
* Develop automation and orchestration capabilities which allow us to operate at scale
* Provide systems infrastructure and application support
* Participate in delivery of new service offerings, working closely with development team to deliver low latency, high performance applications
* Analyze application characteristics and behavior, to optimize hardware configuration and performance of operational systems
* Provide DB management, experience with DB tuning and optimization considered a significant plus
* Design, implement and test robust failover and disaster recovery procedures
* Consider and recommend new technology solutions for anticipated needs of business
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.