The journey began in 1978 when two friends opened an ice cream shop in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont. Today Ben & Jerry’s is sold globally in far-off places with names we sometimes mispronounce and the ice cream business they built is as legendary as the ice cream is euphoric. Ben & Jerry’s produces super premium ice cream known for its high quality and unique add-ins ranging from large chunks of bakery items, chocolate, nuts, sauces and candy pieces, all with their own quirky memorable names.
Ben & Jerry’s mission has always meant more than how flavors taste and how fast they fly off the shelf. We are about going to bat for our communities at home and abroad; continually fine-tuning our operations to respect and restore the environment; never losing sight of our goal for extraordinary products while, at the same time, making a difference in our society. What makes Ben & Jerry's, Ben & Jerry's? We make the best possible ice cream in the nicest way possible. It takes a variety of people and disciplines to deliver a taste bud-boggling odyssey great enough to take you all the way to the state of euphoria. Interested in joining our mission to fill store shelves with our ice cream? Our Vermont manufacturing team in Waterbury is currently looking for a Manufacturing Worker Class I. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform the various ice cream production processes:
· Equipment setup and flavor changeovers.
· Operate as a business unit and understand quality, cost, downtime, safety and efficiency.
· Perform preventative maintenance and CIP as part of the standard process.
· Use the automated computer systems to manage the quality, efficiency and downtime in the process.
· Troubleshoot and fix equipment and quality related process problems.
· Maintain a clean and sanitized process area.
· Lead projects and document results.
· Participate fully on the team: listen, communicate, teach, share knowledge, give feedback, support other team members and be willing to work until the job is done.
· Consistently demonstrate safe work behaviors and actively support company safety goals.
· Other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge to properly utilize PPE such as ear protection, safety glasses, hard hats, boots, gloves, face shields and uniforms.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- Able to read and understand product specifications
- Ability to complete job related documentation
- Able to pass Work Keys test
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work with and around industrial strength cleaning chemicals to perform COP related tasks.
Required to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Manufacturing environment, individual will be expected to work on the manufacturing floor and be exposed to mechanical operations and cleaning and caustic solutions.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.