Job Description: Microelectronic Packaging Engineers provide project management, package design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components and/or completed units. Responsible for the thermal/mechanical/electrical design, analysis, and development of electronic packages. Defines overall package performance and specification and realizes technology certification through layout design and test vehicle design. Conducts tests and research on basic materials and properties. Establishes material specifications for contract assemblers and raw material vendors and interfaces with Quality Assurance and Purchasing regarding material quality and vendor performance. Provides consultation concerning packaging problems and improvements in the packaging process. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Technical problem solving skills.
- Good listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to properly plan their work; and the ability to lead teams.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
The candidate must possess a Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or any other electronics packaging related field.
Minimum of :
- 6 months of experience with metals and alloys (especially solders), micro- macro structures and phase diagrams.
- Knowledge of mechanical metallurgy, thermodynamics-kinetics of metallurgical reactions, coupling and interaction of dissimilar metals.
- Knowledge of physical-chemical-thermal-mechanical properties of metallic materials.
- Understanding of metrologies for characterization of metallic materials (surface-bulk).
- Knowledge of interactions of solders with surface finishes and structure-property-performance of intermetallics.
- Understanding of interactions of metallic materials with Polymeric materials.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.