Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life of patients and their loved ones.
Johnson & Johnson intends to open its new health technology center in Providence, Rhode Island. The center will specialize in optimizing information technology and data analytics to create software applications that will serve to improve health outcomes. Johnson & Johnson employs approximately 126,900 people worldwide and is the world’s largest healthcare company. The new Health Technology Center will specialize in advanced information technology.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of new technologies, and software development.
• Collaborating with the core development team and the product owner to define and estimate business requirements and then translate these into specific software tasks.
• Define unit and integration tests that can be applied to CI/CD testing.
• Hands on software development: being assigned specific tasks that can be developed and produced within designated time interval (sprint).
• Collaborate as a member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best in class software development.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is required
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in web and internet technologies
• Strong experience with object-oriented development is required
• Experience with PHP or equivalent web programming language
• Experience with MySQL, PostgresSQL or equivalent
• Experience with source repositories (git/Bitbucket)
• Experience with RESTful API integration
• Experience with code debugging (xDebug or equivalent)
• Basic understanding of agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum
• Big picture orientation with strong attention to detail is required.
• Experience with NodeJS, Backbone or similar framework
• Experience with Drupal development, including template design
• Experience with Symfony2/Symfony3
• Experience with Java, C#, Swift, and/or Android development
• Proficiency in unit and functional testing
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-Rhode Island-ProvidenceOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Info TechnologyRequisition ID