At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
You'll change the world by...
- Building amazing software in our modern JS stack.
- Writing code for systems that ensure our business runs smoothly.
- Using cutting edge technologies like AWS Lambda, Node JS, and more.
- Bringing your creativity to help design a services infrastructure that provides stability, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Understanding of backend service principles and best practices
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
You'll do that with your...
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Motivated to build a reliable and scalable services infrastructure
- Familiarity with RESTful service patterns in NodeJS and the common modules used to build them
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Experience building backend software, preferably in a micro-services style architecture.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required.
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.