Not only is Purina an industry leader and at the cutting edge of pet food innovations that are revolutionizing the business, we’ve set the gold standard in Quality Assurance. We’re backed by a 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, but more significantly, we’re grounded in a strong values system of developing high-quality products with unconditional integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation.
We’re recognized at the top of the QA ladder within the greater Nestlé organization, the world’s largest food company. As a Bacteriologist you will perform a microbiological role testing for Enteriobacteriacae/Salmonella on finished product and completing additional testing on environmental samples on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for the Edmond, OK factory. Additionally you will generate Excel reports, conducts audits, lead meetings and work cross-functionally with all departments and HQ in St. Louis. This key role is an integral part of our Quality Program and is a day shift job.
Nestle Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City (OKC) with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown in Edmond. Having served as a production facility for over 40 years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
As a culture that continuously challenges us to Stand Tall and think “What’s Next?”, we’ll empower you to challenge the status quo in quality. Join a company that believes in bettering our work every day to enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them.
- Responsible for all microbiological testing of finished product
- Compile and report vidas test and enteriobacteriacae/salmonella test results
- Generate all Excel reports
- Compile and report all LAD – total plate count & yeast & mold petrifilm counts weekly
- Facilitates weekly meetings
- Order supplies and chemical for the lab
- Assist with quality training for employees
- Perform quality audits as required
- Assist with corrective action and preventative action plans as identified
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Associates degree in science – 4 year degree preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years’ microbiology, lab, or testing experience
- Computer savvy with advanced communications and facilitation skills and Excel reporting.
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.