Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives .
The goal of pharmaceutical development within Research & Development is to develop new drug candidates and the processes to manufacture them i nto commercial realities. This is ach i eved by design i ng and conducting a variety of experimental studies using the latest scientific methods and state of the art equ i pment and i nstrumentation. The development process is very dynamic with stud i es performed i n both laboratory and process scale-up facilities. Scientifi c ri gor, timeliness and compliance with all GLP and federal/state/local regulations are a necessity.
I n order for the development process to be successful, there must be excellent collaboration between the professional staff/scientist and union staffs. Often, the professional staff/scientist will need to take a hands on approach dur i ng the course of test i ng as necessary based on sound scientific judgment. I nvolvement of union staff In the various experimental studies and other processes I s determined by the professi onal staff/scientists on a case by case basis because of the non-routine, dynamic nature of the development process.
Work ass i gnments w i ll be based on demonstrated technical competence of the i nd i vidual techn i cian and the demands of the process. Priorities wi ll be set based on the needs of the R&D business. Both written procedures and verbal instructions by a supervisor w i ll be executed with strict attention to safety and quality. Accurate and timely execution and documentation of activities and results are a requirement. Strict adherence to cGLP/GMP, federal, state and local regul ations I s required. In order to achieve departmental and company goals, collaborative work with other employees (both professional and union) is a requirement. Evaluation of Individual performance as compared to job function and BMS core behaviors will be evai .uated throughout the year. Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors' degree with a major i n biology, or an allied science and coursework i n microbiology from an accredited college or university.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience In pharmaceutical microbiology, especially I n parenteral and/or aseptic operations.
- Proficiency in use of computer programs/systems I s essential.
- Bacteriologists must maintai n their skills and knowledge to stay current with advances I n the f i eld of m i crobio l ogy.
- Bacteriologists may attend i nternal or external tra i ning courses as approved by management.
- Laboratory skills training will be implemented to ensure employees receive rel evant training to facilitate the performance of their job responsibilities. Interactive training modules (I.e. On-The-Job Training) will be used for trai ning on specific competencies. Competency check after traini ng specifi c to an area will be conducted to evaluate profici ency of the new skill (or module). If required proficiency is not obtained the i nteractive l earn i ng and testing will be repeated. A pass/repeat summary of all testing on each modu l e will be kept to assess the performance of the module. Bacteriologists will be required to demonstrate competence after training as assessed by their management. In the event competence i s not demonstrated, re-training will be provided. Required refresher training incl uding laboratory safilty and compliance must be kept up to date.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.