Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
The general worker rotates every hour among the following job task: filler machine, feeding the wrapper machine, box marker, sliding-in or picking up, casing-up, box dropper/poking down product, and stacking. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect effect on product safety, legality, and/or quality. Essential Job Duties:
- Filler Machine: Employee stands on a platform at conveyor which is approximately 40 inches in height and using both hands alternately slides forward repetitively one product with each hand into positions on the filler machine. If the employee works on right side of filler machine first rotation, then the next rotation the employee will work on the left side of the filler machine.
- Feeding the Wrapper: Employee may sit or stand at conveyor approximately 37 to 39 inches in height and using both hands alternately slides in repetitively one product with each hand into positions on a moving conveyor. Employee also reaches above shoulder level to retrieve product from shuck-out bin to feed into wrapper machine.
- Box Marker: Employee may sit or stand at 36 inch table making boxes out of pre-cut cardboard by folding the sides into box formation. Then while standing, the employee will stack completed boxes one at a time in a stack ranging from floor level to 5 to 6 ft. tall.
- Sliding in or Picking up Product: Employee stands at conveyor approximately 37 to 39 inches in height and using both hands repetitively picks up one product in each hand or using both hands slides-in product simultaneously into boxes that are moving along a conveyor. Employee also reaches at shoulder level to discard product in bins as needed to retrieve production from bins to place into boxes as needed.
- Box Dropper and Poking Down Product: The employee may stand or sit at a conveyor which is approximately 37 to 39 inches in height. The employee opens a box by "flicking" the wrist using a downward motion and repetitively places the box on the conveyor in front of the employee. The Employee watches the product move along conveyor and if necessary "pokes down" product that are not placed in box properly.
- Tying bags of Product: Employee stands at a table approximately 36 inches high between conveyors. The employee repetitively grasps filled bags of product, weighing 24 to 26 ounces, as the bad moves off the conveyor onto the table. With one hand the employee holds the top of the filled bag closed, while twirling the bottom of the filled bag with the other hand in order to secure the filled bag. The employee then pushes top of bag into the tying machine in order to tie each bag. Next, the employee places tied bag onto the next conveyor to be transported to the casing-up station.
- Casing-up Product: This job consists of picking up tied bags of product one at a time repetitively, weighing 24 to 26 ounces each, and placing tied bags into box until six(6) bags are in the box. Next, the employee pushes filled box onto the next conveyor which transports box through the tape machine.
- Stacking Product: This job consists of stacking repetitively filled boxes of product one at a time, weighing up to approximately 10 pounds each, onto floor pallet in a cube structure to be shrink wrapped. The stack ranges from floor level to approximately 5 to 6 feet high.
- Housekeeping: Clean-up occurs at the end of every shift most every day. Clean-up occurs: (1) intermittently during shift as needed (if the line shuts down because of equipment failure or supply error), (2) during change-over and (3) at the end of the production week.
Employees will assist in sweeping and mopping work area. These employees will assist in emptying tubs/trays of waste weighing occasionally in excess of 50 pounds. These employees use a two person lift when emptying tubs of waste. Also, these employees will assist in moving racks and other equipment during cleaning. Mopping the area under conveyors and other equipment is required. Also film paper is repositioned neatly on shelves ranging from 5-6 feet in height.
- Range of Motion: Range of motion requires forward 12 to 24 inches repetitively and reaching above shoulder level repetitively. Bending, stooping, twisting, and repetitive motion required.
- Lifting: Required lifting up to 25 pounds repetitively. Occasionally lifting in excess of 50 pounds is required.
- Ensures that all internal and external food safety and quality policies and procedures are followed.
- Position is responsible for operating within the parameters of the facility's Security Program with regards to site and product security.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.