In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. The new company would represent, as of September 30, 2015, approximately 20% of the operating earnings of MetLife and 50% of the operating earnings of MetLife's U.S. Retail Segment. The new company would have approximately $240 billion of total assets with its largest operating company, MetLife USA being one of the largest life insurers in the U.S. with GAAP equity of approx. $12 billion as of September 30, 2015, similar in size to Lincoln Financial.
The new company will be focused on securing clients' financial futures by providing the best value, advice based solutions. Building upon the current U.S. Retail culture, the new company will be guided and operated by a common set of values that will focus on accountability, external and customer focus, collaboration and a strong focus and discipline on cost management.
Reporting to the Model Development Lead, this position is primarily responsible for managing the model development efforts supporting Brighthouse Financial. The individual will support the development and maintenance of the liability hedging model, including identifying, implementing, and documenting ongoing enhancements. In addition, he or she will perform periodic code review and benchmark, scenario, and stress test models and communicate results to internal and external stakeholders. Job Location
United States: North Carolina: Charlotte Alternate Job Location
United States: None Job Description
The Banking Consultant role reports directly to the Director of Banking and Payment Flows and is responsible for performing day-to-day activities related to the daily flow of payments into, out from, and throughout Brighthouse Financial ("BHF").
This role is responsible for supporting the following collections and disbursements activities:
- Interact with internal stakeholders within and outside of Treasury in relation to collections and disbursements activities
- Support modification of existing or implementation of new disbursements and collections capabilities, including processes and infrastructure
- Perform timely and accurate processing of electronic fund transfers
- Maintain accurate and complete records of disbursements
- Initiate and request approvals for ad-hoc payments
- Prepare repetitive payment templates
- Review payment confirmations
- Identify, investigate, and resolve all payment-related issues
- Support check writing requirements and activities
- Ensure compliance with internal and external controls, policies, and procedures
- Support audit requests
- Support management reporting activities
- Support broader Treasury Operations initiatives
- Perform other related duties as required
- 4+ years of related treasury or finance experience in a public or private company
- Knowledge of cash collections and disbursements principles , methods, tools, and techniques
- Understanding of general banking infrastructure, bank communication, and payment clearing systems
- Understanding of the company's products, trading strategies, and market characteristics
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communications, time management, and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
Required Education Business Category
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or related field; CCM or CTP preferred
- Strong computer skills with experience using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint; Treasury workstation experience preferred
- Experience using and/or implementing Treasury Workstation preferred
- Insurance industry inexperience preferred
Finance - Treasury
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.