Customer Service Specialist
What you will do
The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for handling all incoming alarm signal activities and taking appropriate action per instruction. Including video surveillance and monitoring of security equipment on-site at a large bank in downtown Cincinnati. The associate will also make outbound calls in order to dispatch Police/Fire Departments regarding alarm activities while following standard operating procedures. This role requires heavy phone work as well as taking verbal instructions, typing, reading, speaking and writing.
How you will do it
• Resolve operational, customer service and/or employee issues.
• Operate all call center equipment and peripheral equipment.
• Interact with external and internal customers via telephone, email and in person.
• Promote a positive customer service atmosphere.
• Initiate necessary action when irregular signals are received or trouble develops.
• Work with outside repair technicians, guards, etc. to ensure that signals are received properly and that circuits and signaling devices are restored to normal operation.
• Notify appropriate authorities and customers if alarm signal is received.
• Must be able to adhere to standard operating procedures and special instructions.
• Respond quickly and precisely to incoming phone calls.
• Document all alarm activity and subscriber phone calls via PC and activity reports.
What we look for
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• At least one year of customer service experience; in a call center environment preferred.
• Law enforcement, 911 dispatching, or criminal justice background desired.
• Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Intermediate computer knowledge including Microsoft Windows.
• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
• Comfortable handling potential emergency situations.
• Able to type a minimum of 25 words per minute.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and detail orientation.
• Availability to work evenings or overnights - weekends required
• Part or Full-Time Hours.
• On the job training for 4 weeks.
• Successful completion of training module (minimum 80% accuracy).
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.