Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Posted: December 08, 2016
Reference ID: 575802532
Summary: Performs work with credit bureaus, ePORT, and consumer reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process notices of bankruptcy including modifying each loan record and preparing proof of claim packet when needed.
Process proofs of claim by verifying that information on claim is correct and either (1) return to the appropriate supervisor for corrective action or electronically file the claim in accordance with the appropriate rules and procedures and send confirmation to branch.
- Process documents from the Bankruptcy Noticing Center, Trustee, Attorney, etc. and modify the loan record as needed to reflect the account¿s bankrupt status.
- Respond to branch messages requesting missing paperwork and/or information.
- Work with other members of the department to proficiently and accurately process all bankruptcy work in a timely manner and follow and special instructions that may be given for a specific period of time.
- Work with Word, Excel and Access.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization by telephone, in person and through other outlets as well as customers.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including Word, Excel, and Access Must be able to learn other applications quickly, including in-house applications.
- Must be detail oriented and able to catch errors before they go out.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be able to demonstrate dependability and initiative.
- Must have good command of the English language, both oral and written
- Required to sit for extended periods of time
- Will be kneeling, stooping or bending for approximately 25% of time
- Occasionally will require light lifting
- Work performed in an office environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- High school diploma or GED
- Two or more years experience in a customer service and data entry position.
- One or more years experience dealing with credit reports and account histories desired.