Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Job Summary:
The Banquet Captain position is vital to achieving excellent customer service and executing catering events. They are responsible for pulling equipment for event set up, transporting materials and food to the event, setting up the event, serving guests, cleaning up the event, and returning equipment to the Catering Department. Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Organize and lead catering team on all catering functions
- Organize and lead preparation banquet room for the function
- Serve meals and beverages in accordance with catering protocol and banquet sheets
- Properly set tables for special functions
- Clean all functions areas upon completion
- Perform opening and closing side work as needed
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Maintain storage rooms and supplies in an orderly fashion
- Maintain equipment and all other catering supplies
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Ability to understand and follow directions from the Manager/Director
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and frequently lift, push, pull, or carry up to 30 lbs
- Ability to walk or stand for extended time periods, up to 12 hours
- Involves repetitive motion
- Involves working with chemicals, heated equipment, steam and at other risk conditions
- Ability to move in and out of catering vehicles and transport event equipment and food product in a safe manner
- Cross-training and work in other dining locations as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the ARAMARK management team.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Supervises the staff and sanitation of facilities of the locations.
- Responsible for openings and closing the building, managing employee issues and making sure the location is staffed appropriately.
- 1 year supervisory experience
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Well-groomed and professional attire (follow Aramark standards for uniform and grooming)
- Ability to carry at least 4 meals on a tray at any given time
- TIPS Certified
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.