Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: The Banquet Captain will assist the Banquet Manager in overseeing staffing of banquet operations. Support standards of personnel performance and service to customers. Inspect the premises to maintain health, safety, and sanitation regulations. Support the operation of banquet and catering activities, including but not limited to: staffing functions, interacting with employees, customers, and vendors. The Banquet Captain directly supervises catered events. These include the planning, set-up, execution, and tear down of all events. The Banquet Captain stays in contact with the host (on-site contact) throughout the event to ensure the highest guest satisfaction possible. Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Plan and execute the successful operations of various banquet services
- Prepare assignments for staff assigned to each event; includes assignments for each portion of the work shift such as set-up, reception, event tear-down, and side work.
- Conduct lineups with the staff at the start of each shift; inspect uniforms, review assignments, and steps of service for each event.
- Directly supervise banquet employees to include existing and temporary staff.
- Direct interaction with guests at all times in a professional and polite manner; promote and maintain the highest level of customer service to all guests.
- Coordinate meal service with kitchen staff and chefs.
- Communicate to chef, Catering Managers, and Sales Managers in all areas regarding food quality and service levels.
- Coach and counsel associates regarding performance on an on-going basis.
- Resolve guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management; notify supervisor and/or security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged thefts.
- Attend all staff meetings as required by management.
- Maintain close communication and work cooperatively with Director of Food & Beverage, the rest of the administrative team, and co-workers to ensure consistency of services and the highest quality of operation.
- Participate in department meetings and continually communicate a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results
- Maintain and inventory all small wares.
- Prepare Captain's Reports, detailing the function and comments of the host (on-site contact).
- Knowledgeable in CaterMate, Kronos, Word, and Excel.
- TIPS/TEAM Training.
- Other duties as assigned by Catering / Banquet Manager.
- Use a cash register or point of sale system as needed.
- Participate in the associate performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
- Handle associate progressive disciplinary procedures as required.
- Participate as needed in the interviewing and hiring of banquet associate team members with the appropriate skills.
- Use all available on the job training tools for associates; supervise on-going training initiatives and conduct training when appropriate.
- High school diploma required.
- Knowledge of hospitality industry to include food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations, and etiquette.
- Three years experience as a server/supervisor in a high volume restaurant, hotel, or banquet facility.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, in English.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
- Ability to lead team to desired results.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds at a time.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
- Self motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment.
- Ability to work well around a large number of people.
- Ability to work well with people in a team environment.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment under short time constraints and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications required.
- The ideal candidate will be self motivated and have a proven track record in a similar position with a good knowledge of business math and accounting skills.
- Must be able to be TIPS/TEAM Certified.
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with Florida State laws and regulations, as well as Aramark and client policies.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.