Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
A Bartender at the Tampa Convention Center is responsible for providing exceptional guest service while responsibly serving alcoholic beverages. Display great hospitality, friendliness, and complete food and beverage knowledge. Accurate handle cash, beverage service, dispensing policies and inventory management. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages and following safe drinking guidelines when serving customers.
- Prepare needed set-up for bar.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of the bar including counting beer, bottled liquor, wine, cups, mixers, sodas, general bar supplies, etc.
- Accurate cash/credit card sales and cash handling.
- Close out every check once it has been paid.
- Set-up and break-down of bar equipment.
- Responsibly serve and/or sell alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages per aramark standards.
- Maintain a pleasant attitude while on duty.
- Inventory all stand sheet items prior to and at the end of each event and initial all bar paperwork.
- Calculate cash at the end of shift and return bank to the cash room.
- Opening and closing duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Bar back as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent KNOWLEDGE:
Extensive knowledge of advanced mixed drink recipes and restaurant point of sales computer systems.
Must be TIPS certified. EXPERIENCE:
Minimum two years full service bartending experience preferred. REQUIREMENTS:
Good communication and organizational skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with emphasis on customer service, basic math and counting skills. A bility to pour mixed drinks, wine and draft beer. Must be 18 years of age or older to serve alcoholic beverages . Ability to reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, walk up and down stairs and stand for long periods of time. Ability to handle multiple projects and stressful situations simultaneously. Flexible schedule with availability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays for event-based needs.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.