Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world. Description Position Summary:
The server establishes a welcoming atmosphere from the minute they first greet guests at their table. The server delivers food and carries service trays while demonstrating exemplary guest service skills. This position requires individuals with the ability to be service-minded and committed to providing outstanding guest satisfaction. Essential Functions:
- The Banquet Houseman/Attendant's main duties include set-up, cleaning and maintaining banquet equipment and spaces on a daily basis following the standards of service set by management.
- On a continuous basis, keep service corridors, pre-function space and storage areas clean, organized and unobstructed.
- Clean up of the meeting and event rooms periodically. This includes, but is not limited to, straightening chairs, clearing the dirty dishes and glassware from the tables, straightening the chairs, changing soiled table linen, vacuuming the floor, emptying trash and restocking materials such as pads and pens.
- Tear-down and set up of the meeting and event rooms, daily. This may include stripping the room of all its furniture, vacuuming the floor and resetting the room per the specifications outlined by the BEO.
- Properly clean and set meeting rooms and banquet functions per specifications on BEO or as given by banquet management including vacuuming floors and cleaning walls and windows/mirrors.
- Proper care, movement, storage of all equipment such as tables, chairs, risers, dance floor, and lecterns, is required.
- Proper control and storage of meeting room supplies such as linen, pads, pens/pencils and candy, etc. are required.
- Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and sanitary.
- Display excellent customer service and maintain a well-groomed, neat appearance
- Serve meals and beverage in accordance with catering protocol
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and follow all company safety policies and procedures; reporting equipment and maintenance repairs to Managers in a timely manner
Additional Job Functions:
- reporting equipment and maintenance repairs to Managers in a timely manner
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Cross-training and work in other dining locations as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Must have TEAM certification or be able to obtain TEAM certification during the probationary period.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk quickly, walk up and down stairs, bend, stoop, push, pull, and lift over 50 pounds. Good interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Well-groomed and professional attire
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.