Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Aramark Sports and Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well-managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve. Responsibilities:
- Manage banquet services at the Santa Clara Convention Center including concessions, private events and social events.
- Plan, direct and control banquet services within the Convention Center to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs.
- Work in a proactive manner with an attention to detail.
- Work in a partnership with supporting departments such as culinary, sales and building services.
- Distribute an equal balance of accountability and recognition.
- Maintain Aramark service standards for all food and beverage.
- Work with banquet captains to plan, organize and execute service on multiple events.
- Have a complete understanding of and work in line with the collective bargaining agreement with the union.
- Embrace and contribute to a culture of safety.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of hospitality management experience in an upscale environment.
- The ability to manage in a fast-paced, diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential.
- Knowledge of and experience with selling, planning and executing special events is required.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Candidate must be willing to work event based hours which include nights, weekends and holidays as necessary