Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
We are seeking to hire Banquet Servers to work various events at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. Banquet Servers are responsible for providing outstanding customer service by serving patrons food and beverages. The goal is to deliver consistent performance that achieves the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty. Responsibilities:
- Successfully execute catered events such as large dinners and receptions.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Carry service tray in order to deliver and serve food and beverages to table.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints always be polite and maintain a professional manner.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters; take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction.
- 1 - 2 years of previous serving and/or catering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Outgoing personality and friendly manner.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Ability to handle complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.