Oracle Public Cloud - Seattle
Are you someone with a passion for taking on big challenges? Are you interested in large-scale, highly distributed systems? If so, then Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is for you. We're looking for developers with a strong background in engineering to help build a highly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment on a massive scale.
You will never be bored in this job. We need people with a passion towards customer satisfaction and expertise in distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, and highly available services. How will we build this? It could be up to you but we apply solid engineering and design principles to develop world-class, highly available services.
We are still at an early stage and an entrepreneurial fast paced mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to collaborate while acting, as a thought leader in your area of expertise will serve you well on Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure Team. Does this sound like a challenge you're ready for?
As a member of this elite team you will:
- Design, build, and own a major component of our cloud infrastructure as related to:
- Infrastructure automation
- Core services.
- Collaborate with de-velopers/engineers in an agile environment.
- Research all things cool that save money and time.
- Have fun!
- 5 years of delivering and operating large scale, highly distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix fundamentals.
- Coding: Ruby, Python or Perl
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Preferable knowledge of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
- Experience with Virtualization Infrastructures such as Virtualbox, OpenStack, kvm, xen, and VMWare
- Knowledge of configuration management framework technologies such as Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with build automation, continuous integration, or continuous deployment tools such as Hudson or Jenkins.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.