Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Primary Objective of Position:
Ensures that the guest is greeted with a warm and welcoming smile. Ensures that guests receive
their drinks and food in a timely manner, while providing friendly and efficient service. Mixes and
serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to guests of bar and service bar, following standard
recipes and the company's alcoholic beverage policies; merchandises drinks; and is attentive to
guests, making them feel welcome, at all times.Essential Functions:
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, and sugar to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Ensures that all drinks are prepared according to company recipes.
- Serves wine, liquor, draft or bottled beer, and food to bar guests.
- Prepares drinks for servers' guests.
- Collects payment for drinks and/or food served following company established accounting procedures for all transactions.
- Observes guests and responds to their needs.
- Guides guests in selecting food and beverage items.
- Follows alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests.
- Prepares drinks and verifies correct pricing.
- Enters all orders into the computer prior to presenting the beverage to the guest.
- Possesses proficient knowledge of liquor quality and beverage preparation, and keeps updated on new and revised beverage recipes.
- Ensures a clean and well-stocked bar.
- Secures all monies at the end of each shift.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation polices and procedures.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action in which may be taken.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Displays a favorable image of Chili's Grill & Bar at all times.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum team member morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Assists other team members as needed or when business needs dictate.
- Ensures bar and restaurant guest drink orders are filled quickly and according to recipe.
- Ensures daily bar inventories correspond with bar register totals and bar register is balanced
- Keeps bar area neat, clean, and properly stocked.
Qualifications: Qualification Standards:
- Ability to operate POS system, make change, and accurately conduct credit card transactions.
- Ability to account for all monies (balance) at end of each shift.
- Ability to calmly respond to angry or intoxicated guests and call to attention of manager.
- Stands 100% of shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, shakes, stirs, and wipes frequently.
- Lifts up to 40 lbs. several times per shift.
- Ability to clearly verbalize and respond to guest.
- Ability to read menu.
- Frequent immersion of hands in water.
- Ability to effectively request and review identification for age verification from each guest, as required by state and local laws.
High school diploma or equivalent KNOWLEDGE:
Extensive knowledge of advanced mixed drink recipes and restaurant point of sales computer systems.
Must be TIPS certified. EXPERIENCE:
Minimum two years full service bartending experience preferred. SKILLS:
Good communication and organizational skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with emphasis on customer service, basic math and counting skills. A bility to pour mixed drinks and draft beer. Must be 18 years of age or older to ring alcoholic sales on a register. Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, walk up and down stairs and stand for long periods of time. Ability to handle multiple projects and stressful situations simultaneously.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.