Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
The Bartender will be held responsible for money handling, beverage pouring and dispensing policies according to company procedures as well as providing server's drinks at the service well as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check patron's identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Must uphold safe drinking guidelines and policies taught in Techniques for Effective Alcohol Management (TEAM) training
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, wines and beers.; proportions ingredients according to recipe standards
- Orders bar supplies and cut fruit for garnish
- Collects money for drinks served; accepts payments and makes change as appropriate
- Counting in stock and ensures proper bar set-up according to company standards
- Prepares and operates cash register; abide by all Aramark cash and credit handling procedures including accurate entering of sales into the POS System
- Close register drawer after every transaction
- Never make change from your pocket or personal money and never place company money in your pockets or on your person
- Never give credit; always collect the full amount due at the time of purchase
- Check currency quality, improper texture of paper bills, and unclear printing
- Employees are not permitted to make change for anyone without a purchase; once starting a sale finish the transaction
- Maintain a clean and organized word area, providing guests with a comfortable environment to enjoy themselves; Wipe bar and counter tops, throwing away empty bottles and other trash, etc.
- Constantly monitoring your clientele and adhering to Aramark's alcohol service policies and procedures
- Properly breaking down bar and adhering to closing procedures including inventory of product
- Make list of all non-chargeable items that will be need to be restocked for the next event
- Ensuring the security of company assets
- Calculate cash at the end of the shift and return bank to the money room
- Opening and closing duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Must maintain a pleasant attitude towards customers, co-workers, and management; must possess excellent customer service skills
- Follow Wage & Hour regulations
High school diploma or equivalent KNOWLEDGE:
Extensive knowledge of advanced mixed drink recipes and restaurant point of sales computer systems.
Must be TIPS certified. EXPERIENCE:
Minimum two years full service bartending experience preferred. SKILLS:
Good communication and organizational skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with emphasis on customer service, basic math and counting skills. A bility to pour mixed drinks and draft beer. Must be 18 years of age or older to ring alcoholic sales on a register. Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, walk up and down stairs and stand for long periods of time. Ability to handle multiple projects and stressful situations simultaneously.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.