Bartender - Yosemite Ski & Snowboard Area (Yosemite)
Location: Fresno, California
Posted: October 20, 2017
Reference ID: 142416
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Bartenders prepare and serve mixed drinks and pour wine, beer and other beverages both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Bartenders prepare all drinks quickly and accurately ensuring no waste. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail, accurate cashier skills, and a strong dedication to customer service along with a positive and friendly attitude.
• Your uniform must be clean and proper nonskid/slip shoes are required
• Follow proper time clock procedures. Be sure to "swipe in and swipe out" accordingly
• Greet all guests as they enter the bar in a timely manner, delivering exemplary customer service
• Maintain a watch for underage patrons by checking the identification of customers to ensure they meet alcohol legal age requirements
• Take orders from guests and assist servers with their guests' drink orders
• Mix ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
• Serve wine and draught or bottled beer and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
• Ensure accurate portion control
• Arrange bottles and glasses to make an attractive display
• Maintain daily side work ensuring any required logs are completed in a timely manner
• Keep accurate accounts and spoilage records
• Maintain stock and inventory of bar and complete relevant logs such as liquor logs
• Order and maintain bar supplies and replenish bar with equipment, food, drink items, glassware, napkins etc.
• Set and clear tables
• May be required to take and serve food orders
• Must be able to develop strong cashier skills - handling cash, traveler's checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
• Must be proficient in counting money and providing guests with change whenever needed.
• Able to count and balance working bank
• Enforce the employee "Two Drink Maximum"
• Ensure a clean and a pleasant atmosphere of bar area at all times.
• Maintain cleanliness and product standards and ensure all trash is correctly disposed of
• Maintain a positive attitude in high stress situations
• Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
• Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
• Diplomatically handle guest complaints, always polite and maintaining a professional manner
• May be required to train other employees, educating them on alcohol and wine knowledge and other aspects of the role
• Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
• Will occasionally be required to work special functions outside of the bar area
• Report to work in proper uniform
• Follow all safety, security, energy, and emergency policies
• Know and Abide by all state liquor laws
• Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope: Reports to Food and Beverage Manager
• ability to learn drink recipes and mix drinks
• Position requires a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills, and a positive attitude
• Must be able to work efficiently and be prepared to help wherever needed.
• Must have the ability to lift food trays
• Must meet state regulations for alcohol serving age
• Must complete Serve Safe Food Handler's Certification
• Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written; able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals Previous bartending experience Basic mathematical skills are required; must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Minimum of 2 years previous bartender experience in a fast-paced bar environment
Equipment Used: Cash Register, Calculator, Hand Truck, Telephone, POS System
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Physical Requirements: BENDING FREQUENT KEYING/FINGERING CONSTANT HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING FREQUENT