This position is responsible to manage, guide and assist in performing an assortment of tasks within the manufacturing departments, and provides leadership, strategic guidance and training in the resolution of the manufacturing issues and staffing initiatives and implementation.
- Prioritize, guide and facilitate the activities of the manufacturing function to meet department goals, initiatives and requirements
- Oversee the development of standard policies, procedures and practices to ensure customer requirements are embodied in the manufacturing
- Establish and maintain uniform manufacturing performance metrics and reporting systems
- Drive improvements by promoting best practice methodologies and new technologies
- Ensure team development by supporting an active training environment
Performs other work related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization with effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability build teamwork with the workforce
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
A minimum 2 years of experience working in an heavy industry environment.
High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
This position is subject to the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (I.T.A.R.) which requires U.S. persons status. ITAR defines U.S. persons as U.S. Citizens, U.S. Permanent Residents (Green Card Holder), Political Aslyee, or refugeePreferred Qualifications
Associates or Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
Experience working with lean manufacturing
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications