Perform all member service related functions in a timely and accurate basis. To effectively consult with members and prospective members credit union products and services, and understand the importance of providing financial well-being solutions to all our members. Lead daily service center operations, and to serve as a resource for the member service team in their daily duties. The Member Service Specialist should exhibit leadership characteristics and act in a leadership capacity when the Manager is not present. Perform and assist team members in the originating and processing of loans to achieve individual and branch loan goals.
Provides support to Member Service Representatives I & II on non-standard cases where policy and practice are not formalized or documented and individual case determination may be required.
Proficient in Home Equity loan process and able to perform Mortgage Applications
Actively engage members and listen for opportunities to provide recommendations to meet their financial needs.
Assist Supervisor/Manager and the front-line team in the daily service center operations. Conduct and train staff on branch operations and financial transactions.
Build and maintain favorable member relations/relationships and assist branch staff in developing membership base.
Required to act in a leadership role during the absence of Supervisor and/or Manager.
Participate on teams and projects as assigned.
Development - Certify to provide Financial Well-Being checkups with members supporting consultative sales model.
Successfully complete all required registrations or certifications as needed.
Participate in business development strategies including branch- promotions, community involvement and cross-selling efforts including outbound calling campaigns.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proven leadership experience in financial institution, customer service, and/or retail sales.
- Proactively perform all functions independently without supervision.
- Ability to initiate and lead branch and outside business development events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to lead sales and service functions to achieve branch goals.
- Ability to resolve and assist in complex member problems.
- Ability to assist the branch team members to achieve branch and organizational goals.
- Expert knowledge of Windows PC, relevant BCU computer systems.
- Expert knowledge of BCU products and services.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.