BCU is proud to be recognized by Computerworld as one of the Best Places to work in IT 2017.
The Network engineer is responsible for the detailed design, creation, configuration and delivery of cloud and on-premise infrastructure environments for a variety of solutions across BCU using best practices and business acumen. The function of the role will include all technological aspects associated with cloud computing and on-premise technology stack, including architecture, security, design, planning, management, maintenance and support. The scope of the role includes the extensive knowledge of on-premise (private), off-premise (public) and hybrid cloud models along with cloud implementation service models (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
- Design cloud and on premise infrastructure environments with best practice configurations for a wide variety of systems including databases, web services and web applications. Efficiently translate from architecture/environment diagrams to formulate appropriate questions to identify and remediate design gaps. Review and analyze architecture level security solutions at the domain or product level to transform them into cloud infrastructure detailed designs and implementation plans.
- Research and benchmark best practices and/or products in the area of cloud technologies. Analyze and modifies enterprise technology strategy and architecture. Analyzes how business processes interact with technology to create value for the business. Maintains knowledge of cloud technologies, trends, and standards. Provides input to the content of Requests for Information / Proposal (RFI/P) around the BCU's technology architecture / infrastructure requirements and guiding principles. Conduct trend analyses to track emerging industry trends and technologies. Research, and assist in the piloting the evaluation of new tools, technologies, and/or processes to maintain and enhance the critical system infrastructure.
- Ensure systems are up-to-date to latest security patches and operational resilience to incidence. Automate Azure provisioning via PowerShell. Ensure that resources are provisioned in an automated programmatic fashion wherever possible. Automate the process of patching and vulnerability remediation. Continually evaluate new cloud infrastructure threats with associated mitigating designs and their impact on IT and Business operations always balancing these needs to develop and implement the best security solutions for the business.
- Gather network requirements for projects, architect, design and implement solutions utilizing Cisco best practices
- Implement cloud infrastructure/network such as IaaS virtual machines, cloud services.
- Implement cloud networking components such as vNets, subnets, routing tables and rules, network security groups, etc.
- Implement Azure Resource Automation via PowerShell
- Implement on premise infrastructure solutions with Hyper-V, Cisco routers, etc.
- Setup and Configure on premise and cloud DFS.
- User Bitlocker to encrypt disk.
- Setup and configure infrastructure and networking foundation for Citrix.
- Participate in multiple projects concurrently
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- CCNP (route/switch) certification minimum
- Solid understanding of network architecture best practices and tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated experience with wireless network implementations.
- Serve as highest-level subject matter expert on routing, switching, and LAN/WAN detailed design
- 10 years' network engineering experience in the following:
- Cisco Nexus 7k, 3750-X, 2960-X switches
- Cisco ASR 1k, ISR 4k, 2950 routers
- Static routing, OSPF & BGP routing protocols
- Route-Maps, Prefix-lists
- Redistribution to/from BGP and OSPF
- Ethernet Virtual Circuits, Service Instances and Bridge Domains, specifically on the ASR1000
- VRF lite
- IPSec VPNs (router and ASA)
- QoS and traffic shaping
- Ability to troubleshoot end-to-end connectivity issues in complex Cisco environments
- 10 years of networking experience. Preferably VPN, Azure Express Route, etc.
- Experience with network security, and network monitoring tools such as Solar Winds.
- Strong problem solving skill set, desire to own solutions and the ability to understand new technologies quickly are essential
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Virtualization - Citrix, Hyper-V
- SAN Experience using Microsoft Visio to build network detailed designs
- Working knowledge of VOIP technology (specifically AudioCodes CIC and AudioCodes Mediant 1000 SBC)
- Experience with PowerShell or other automation environments and scripting technology in Microsoft Azure context.
- Experience moving workloads from on premise to IaaS or PaaS environments (Azure preferable)
- Working knowledge of the technical aspects of application protocols, such as HTTP(S), SMTP, SSL, and DNS, Common applications of cryptography, such as PGP, etc., familiarity of Active Directory, Security event and log management, Identity and access management, Encryption in the cloud
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Practical scripting with PowerShell and/or programming skill preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure. Including Resource provisioning, Network provisioning and integration with on premise resources.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.