Job Description :
Primarily responsible for rapidly leading multiple-complex technology projects within service commitments on schedule using assigned internal/external technical, developer and QA resources. Secondarily, accountable for analyzing overall impact of upgrades and maintenance on a wide variety of financial systems and identifying human and capital resources requirements.
- Project manages internal and external technical resources to deploy new applications, upgrade environments, install and configure software updates and promote updates to production,
- Learns existing applications and environment to collaborate with architects, system analyst, technical, developer and QA resources to fully identify, define and track the impact of upgrades across the enterprise.
- Acts as the system analyst to identify all business and technical impacts to a system and create training material necessary to deploy new applications, enhancements, and upgrades.
- Leads program efforts to maintain a proactive, effective, and compliant cyber and application security posture.
- Works with manager, business and IT teams to prioritize, schedule and track system upgrades.
- Evaluates and determines feasibility of proposed projects and evaluates new software packages in terms of cost, resources required, systems compatibility, etc. and makes recommendations.
- Provides business application consultation to IT teams and business identifying new system improvements to drive higher utilization of existing systems.
- Participates in the budget process and is accountable for project budget on small-large size projects.
- Directly manages internal/external development, quality assurance, system administrators and consultants to plan and deliver new applications, critical upgrades, and production fixes.
- Leads staff in planning projects including solution design, requirements gathering, creating detailed work plans, risk management, and monitoring / controlling the project budget.
- Provides on-going risk assessment and analysis of project interdependencies and communicates status and recommended action plans to project sponsors and applications owners.
- Ensures that all project team members are adhering to organizational and IT standards and regulatory requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field with at least 7-10 years of experience.
- 5+ years of project management/leadership experience. PMP and ITILv3 Foundation certified (preferred)
- History of leading project teams, delegating work, holding team members accountable and proactively overcoming obstacles in a complex, highly integrated but regulated environment.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting quality requirements, schedules and costs estimates.
- Proven strong analytical skills including, demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions. Cite examples of good decision-making skills when dealing with multiple alternatives.
- Experience managing projects for setting up or managing data centers including setting up SAN, firewalls, routers, LANs, VLANs and VPNs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders.
- Experience with utilizing a leading project management tool to create project plans and identify resource constraints across multiple simultaneous projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with others. Relationship building skills and ability to develop strong working relationships across multiple organizational functions.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.