Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a BDS Project Manager to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
As a core member of multiple Clinical Teams and Project Management Teams, the BDS Project Manager will lead the operational execution of drug development projects within Biologics Development Sciences using Critical Chain project management to drive rapid and reliable completion of critical project deliverables, including PK and ADA assays, bioanalysis, and reporting efforts for large molecule drug programs. This individual will develop and actively manage BDS project plans, including proactive identification and resolution of issues jeopardizing successful deliveries.
The BDS Project Manager will:
• Cultivate collaborative relationships with external project leaders and project management colleagues.
• Proactively identify and facilitate the resolution of potential timeline, task, budget and resource issues and support internal BDS staff in the execution of drug development project work.
• Develop and actively manage operational project plans using Critical Chain project management.
• Ensure prioritization and timeline alignment between BDS and downstream customers.
• Develop and maintain long-term placeholder project plans to ensure valid, actionable resource demand forecasts.
• Manage cross-functional dependencies and act as interface with other project management functions for integrated project timelines/budget/resources.
• Contribute to operational problem resolution by developing contingency scenarios with functional areas and downstream stakeholders.
• Maintain knowledge of cross-disciplinary processes and development programs.
• Provide key data to Functional Area Heads to update project status and impact on TA and overall portfolio (e.g. timelines, budget, resources, and delays).
• Contribute to and maintain standards within BDS Project Management (templates, processes, best practices).
• Facilitate communication to and from drug development teams by ensuring accessibility and completeness of information (Operational plans, meeting minutes and supporting information)
• Promptly document and distribute BDS-specific minutes following CT meetings.
• Provide support to BDS functions for scenario and what-if discussions.
• Proactively identify major operational risks and facilitate resolution and/or mitigation between BDS and external customers.
• Contribute toward a major facet of project management operations across the BDS organization such as resourcing, budgeting, outsourcing, vendor management, reporting, etc.Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field is required
• An advanced degree (i.e. Master’s, PhD, etc.) is preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Pharmaceutical Research & Development Operations is required
• Strong project management expertise and training with eligibility for PMP Certification or completed PMP certification is preferred
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Project is preferred
• Experience managing projects using Critical Chain methodology is preferred
• This position will be located in Spring House, PA and will require up to 10 % domestic travelPrimary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.