- Provides customers with courteous, friendly, fast, and efficient cosmetic service and information and maintains department records, inventories and appearance.
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- Assists in other store functions, as requested (e.g., assisting customers at the register, maintaining other departments).
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Proactively develops regular customers and calls those customers when their preferred items are on sale.
- Maintains awareness of and communicates Walgreens community events to colleagues and customers.
Training & Personal Development
- Consistently attempts to cross sell customer by showing items on sale or complementary offerings.
- Uses testers to demonstrate product and drive sales and leverage items from Saturdate and/or purchase products.
- Collects and offers manufacturer's coupons to the customer.
- Assists in constructing and maintaining cosmetic department displays to include mandatory, promotional, seasonal, and sale merchandise displays in a timely, clean and neat fashion. Assists in performing resets and revisions.
- Ensures proper SIMS on-hand quantities of all merchandise in the cosmetic department and reviews SIMS orders with Store Manager.
- Implements Company asset protection procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Keeps stockroom cosmetic merchandise neat, organized, and to minimal levels. Ensures rotation of merchandise from stock area to sales floor, limiting amount of overstock as much as possible.
- Registers customer and/or employee purchases on cash register and collects cash and distributes change as required; processes voids, returns, rain checks, refunds, and exchanges as needed.
- Keeps counters and shelves clean and well merchandised, takes inventories, maintains on-hand records and reviews merchandise orders; checks-in and prices merchandise when required.
- Responsible for retrieving items from lock-up and checking outdates.
- Reviews KPIs daily, to understand how they perform within store and district to set improvement goals with management.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, maintaining awareness of beauty trends, learning from others, and improving job performance.
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager or assigned by corporate.
- Maintains professional appearance at all times.
- Require willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekend hours.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Six months experience in cosmetics and knowledge of beauty products.
- Prior work experience with Walgreens.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.