Beauty Consultant FT 40hrs (Job Number: 025779)
Walgreen Drug Store - Str06655 - 1160 BROADWAY
Be a part of a beauty revolution to change the face of beauty in the United States by joining our team as a Beauty Consultant. Apply beauty expertise, creative problem solving and innovative selling to set the stage for leading in beauty. Our Beauty Consultant offers personalized advice, tips/hints, mini-makeovers and product consultations using electronic devices to meet customer's beauty, skincare and cosmetics needs and desires. Walgreens is creating a UNIQUE customer experience by offering beauty customers impartial, personalized advice across the best range of global beauty brands in a welcoming, inspirational & convenient environment. By demonstrating a passion for beauty & combining this with our existing strengths , we create a unique differentiated offering for customers. Why not join us?! Job Responsibilities/Tasks Customer Experience
- Engages customers by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer care best practices by proactively offering assistance, asking questions to determine customers' needs, and informing customers of options.
- Greets, listens, and engages customers to identify their needs, making them aware of appropriate products and services, and providing warm transfers to other areas of the store when necessary.
- Provides expertise in product demonstrations and consultations utilizing tools such as the Matchmade Device, Skin Hydrometer, and tablet.
- Leads and delivers in-store events to promote brand awareness and loyalty of Owned Brands and total Beauty/Personal Care.
- Builds relationships with customers through clienteling and eventing; provides authentic closure of customer interaction and builds and fosters relationships.
- Engages with omni-channel solutions to enhance customer engagement/experience.
- Locates products in other stores or online if unavailable in the store.
Training & Personal Development
- Achieves or exceeds predetermined sales goals by assisting customers in the purchase of products and by modeling exceptional customer care.
- Reviews scorecard on a regular basis to understand performance within store and district; partners with store leadership and BAE to create improvement goals.
- Consistently focuses on link-selling and up-selling with customers by showing them sale items and complimentary offerings.
- Uses testers and sampling to demonstrate product application and leverage items from beauty promotional programs.
- Ensures testers are stocked and maintained in compliance with hygiene standards; maintains a clean and organized department.
- Implements company loss prevention procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Processes sales for customers and/or employee purchases on cash register.
- Participates in meetings and conference calls concerning programs and promotions, new items, brand launches, sales goals, and modeling exceptional customer care.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments as assigned.
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, maintaining awareness of beauty trends, learning from others, and improving job performance.
- Maintains knowledge of competition, new product/brand launches, and overall industry trends.
- Attends and participates in meetings, seminars, and other knowledge and business-driving opportunities; educates store team on new beauty updates, information, and learnings from training.
- Attends assigned training and completes all learning modules.
- Maintains professional appearance and image in compliance with company guidelines at all times.
- Models and shares behavior with other Beauty Consultants; provides training and assistance to new Beauty Consultants.
- Works collaboratively with the Beauty Area Expert to review goals and maintain product knowledge.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least one year of experience working in a retail sales environment that required meeting a defined sales goal OR at least one year of experience proactively selling beauty products and providing customer care.
- Experience in developing ways to accomplish goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Knowledge of products and brands in order to engage and meet the needs of the customer.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Basic level PC/tablet skills.
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Any required licensing required by state or local authorities to engage in selling of beauty products.
- Licensure in Cosmetology or as an Esthetician as granted by appropriate state licensing authority.
- Experience demonstrating makeup application and providing makeovers to customers.
- Experiencing selling Prestige brands.
- Degree from Beauty School.
- Experience with another retailer in the form of an Externship.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.