Behavioral Design Curriculum Lead/Program Manager, Capital One Labs
Capital One Labs recently formed a Behavioral Design program with the goal to leverage behavioral science to improve customer wellness. The program brings behavioral sciences to the wider Capital One organization in a practical way, leveling up our ability to apply behavioral science to our products and services for the benefit of over 60 million customers.
The Behavioral Design team at Capital One is on the forefront of creating a cultural shift within our organization to marry the analytical with the creative by coaching business teams, teaching hands-on learning experiences, and shaping the environments in which we work.
The Curriculum Lead / Program Manager for the Behavioral Design team will be responsible for successfully managing projects & initiatives across the Behavioral Design program. The Curriculum Lead / Program Manager will partner with the Program leads to manage the day to day activities of the program for three key areas:
- Oversight of the education curriculum, which includes behavioral design workshops and education resources
- Business engagement, including, along with our behavioral design strategists, working with different product lines to help apply behavioral science
- Development of a behavioral science community of practice, where we connect behavioral science and behavioral design initiatives from across the organization
- Design and implement our learning experiences including curriculum, activities, physical assets, and community events.
- Teach others creative approaches leveraging behavioral science
- Contribute to the development and execution of a strategic framework and into the culture of Capital One.
- Work with stakeholders to understand & document program needs and priorities
- Document scope & expectations on education engagements, define success criteria and ensure delivery
- Communicate the program vision and project goals to development teams
- Track and manage program & activity dependencies across the Program
- Manage program communication - proactively identify and communicate program progress
- Document lessons learned, outcomes & reusable process
- Develop process across the Program the ensures timely reporting & effective communication
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders and vendors
- Identify ways to improve and streamline the program
What you bring:
- You may have been trained as a product or service designer or design strategist, or have brought academic behavioral science into industry; have a background in client-facing design consulting; have experiences in teaching and curriculum development within design fields, and/or developed other skillsets that allow you to think systematically and tactically about how to create engaging learning experiences at every level.
-You must thrive on designing interactive and engaging learning experiences that are applicable beyond the classroom.
Program Management skills:
- You are skilled at breaking down complex processes into component work streams in order to achieve key milestones.
Teaching and Curriculum skills:
- You love teaching.
- You like to geek out at creating the perfect atmosphere, activities, and materials for learning.
- You have some breadth and depth in one or more of the following: behavioral economics, design thinking, design strategy, applied behavioral science.
- You like thinking through all of the details of an event—everything from discussion questions to hosting needs.
- You are an expert at translating students’ needs into insights and ideas.
Coaching and Leadership:
- You are comfortable in front of crowds.
- You like ambiguity yet act decisively.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design related field or a Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science related field, or military experience
- 3+ years of experience with client-facing design consulting
- 1+ year of experience teaching in a formal, in-person setting
- Master’s degree in a design related field or a Master’s degree in a behavioral science related field
- 5+ years of experience with design strategy, behavioral design, product management, behavioral economics, or behavioral psychology
- 2+ years of experience at a design consultancy
- 2+ years of experience in teaching and curriculum development within design fields
- Examples of clear demonstration of project management or curriculum development within design fields
To learn more about Labs, follow us on Twitter: @CapitalOneLabs
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.