St. Mark's Hospital provides a full array of services to the surrounding community, including the following service lines: cardiac, NICU, orthopedics, behavioral health, skilled nursing, acute rehab, as well as many others. St. Mark's is the oldest running hospital in Utah with rich traditions and a reputation for excellent patient care and quality outcomes. St. Mark's Hospital is nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and only a stone's throw away from many national parks, including Moab, Zion, Canyonlands, etc.
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Alternating Weekends
- Under the supervision of a registered nurse, the Psych Technician provides direct patient care to behavioral health patients.
- Responsible for the provision of a safe and therapeutic condition, crisis intervention and activities of daily living.
- Takes and accurately records vital signs, height, weight and other tests as needed, in a timely manner and records all variations from normal and reports to RN/Charge RN/LPN.
- Maintains therapeutic environment and assists patients with personal hygiene needs, and activities of daily living.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Observes patients to assess progress on a daily basis. Identifies and proactively communicates any changes in patient condition, results, behavior, observations, or complaints and reports to RN/Charge RN/LPN.
- Within scope of practice, communicates clearly and provides explanation of care in a way than can be easily understood by patients and their families. Ensures patient's family is informed of patient status as appropriate.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
Prefer at least one year of experience as a MHT/CNA in a healthcare setting. Must have at least a high school diploma or GED, but prefer either a bachelor's degree or an associate degree.
•CNA Preferred for general adult units and required for Geriatric psych.
•Must also qualify for CPR training. (within 30 days of hire)
•Must also quality for CPI training. (within 30 days of hire)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom