The journey began in 1978 when two friends opened an ice cream shop in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont. Today Ben & Jerry’s is sold globally in far-off places with names we sometimes mispronounce and the ice cream business they built is as legendary as the ice cream is euphoric. Ben & Jerry’s produces super premium ice cream known for its high quality and unique add-ins ranging from large chunks of bakery items, chocolate, nuts, sauces and candy pieces, all with their own quirky memorable names.
Ben & Jerry’s mission has always meant more than how flavors taste and how fast they fly off the shelf. We are about going to bat for our communities at home and abroad; continually fine-tuning our operations to respect and restore the environment; never losing sight of our goal for extraordinary products while, at the same time, making a difference in our society. What makes Ben & Jerry's, Ben & Jerry's? We make the best possible ice cream in the nicest way possible. It takes a variety of people and disciplines to deliver a taste bud-boggling odyssey great enough to take you all the way to the state of euphoria. Interested in joining our mission to fill store shelves with our ice cream? Our Vermont Manufacturing team is currently looking for a Manufacturing Worker Class I to support our St.Albans team. Class I Job Summary:
Operate packaging machinery and palletization systems in compliance with finished product specifications. Operate material handling equipment used to store and retrieve raw materials and finished product to adhere to production and transportation schedules. Essential Job Function/Duties:
- Manually load and unload delivery trucks.
- Issue to and return from production raw materials used to manufacture ice cream.
- Perform physical cycle counts for inventory verification.
- Package, palletize, wrap and store finished product and materials.
- Recycle cardboard and plastic.
- Ship and receive packages and distribute to appropriate locations.
- Stock and maintain employee ice cream freezers.
- Comply with all Safety and GMP guidelines.
- Maintain work area in a neat, orderly and clean manner.
- Take part on plant sub teams
- Operation of Powered Industrial Trucks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic math and English skills.
- Basic understanding of Safety practices such as the use of PPE and MSDS
- Knowledge of GMPs sufficient to perform tasks in manufacturing areas.
- Basic understanding of the inventory address system sufficient to store and retrieve inventory.
- Basic understanding of the shipping & receiving process sufficient to ensure timely supply of raw ingredients to production and support the preservation of product integrity.
- Knowledge of quality specifications sufficient to identify concerns with raw materials, finished product, packaging, wrap and pallets.
- Ability to operate and perform routine service on shipping and receiving equipment.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly. Frequent work in cold climate freezer storage center (0-20 degrees F)
- Manufacturing environment, individual will be expected to work on the manufacturing floor and be exposed to mechanical operations and cleaning and caustic solutions.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation .
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.