At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a Benefits and Leave Compliance Administrator to join our team. The Benefits and Compliance Administrator will coordinate and administer all aspects of employee leaves to ensure compliance with company policies, federal and state leave regulations, while providing instruction, guidance and excellent customer service to employees, managers and human resources professionals.
You'll change the world by...
- Coordinating and administrating all company leaves of absence, including FMLA, personal leave, military leave, jury duty, bereavement leave, etc.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for leave of absence and manage all leave inquiries, educating employees and managers on the leave process and related policies.
- Managing leave vendor for intake of leave requests, sending required notices, forms and letters, and determining leave eligibility. Ensuring federal and state compliance of all leaves, including certification of FMLA leaves.
- Creating and maintaining complete and accurate leave files.
- Working with employees and managers to ensure proper timekeeping, including timecard audits and tracking leave time.
- Communicating with employees, managers and human capital professionals to coordinate the return to work process, including accommodation requests and leave expirations.
- Developing, generating and presenting reports on a regular basis to analyze leave data and trends.
- Responsibly maintaining current knowledge of federal and state leave laws and regulations; propose revisions to internal documents, policies and communications as necessary to ensure company compliance.
- Tracking accommodations made within the company. Developing, generating and presenting reports on a regular basis to analyze accommodation data and trends.
- Developing and delivering leave related training for employees, managers and human capital professionals.
- Administering and maintaining benefit programs.
- Administering and maintaining EEO and Affirmative Action reporting data.
- Acting as lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel
- Continuously improve overall process efficiency and accuracy and other duties as assigned.
You'll do that with your...
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritization and organization skills
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter, fast learner with ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Ability to work well in an interactive team environment
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Undergraduate Degree (BS/BA), preferably in Business or Human Resources, related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in an HR/Benefit related position. Previous experience in leave of absence administration (of both continuous and intermittent leaves) in high volumes, multi-state environment required.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state leave related regulations including FMLA, ADA (including the interactive process) and HIPAA
- General understanding of employee benefits as they relate to leaves of absence, including short/long term disability, COBRA, state disability pay, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience using HRIS software, database and web based systems
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.