What you’ll be doing...
You’ll help us take care of our greatest asset—our people—by helping them stay well. Our goal is to care for the whole employee with our great benefits and wellness programs. Sometimes benefits can be hard to navigate, but you’ll be the one to make it easier. You’ll be working with vendors and colleagues, not only to manage the programs, but also make what we offer even better. Because here, better matters.
- Making sure our wellness programs are running smoothly.
- Helping others understand everything our benefits programs offer.
- Using employee feedback to understand changing needs and develop new offerings.
- Managing relationships with service providers.
- Ensuring compliance with our process and standards.
- Assisting in the overall management of our health and welfare programs including key wellness initiatives.
- Acting as the primary contact with the health plan vendors, working with them to resolve program administration issues.
- Managingprogram communications and maintaining applicable websites.
- Assisting with contract reviews and monitoring vendors for contractual compliance.
- Monitoring wellness program engagement and measuringprogram effectiveness. Recommendingstrategies to improve engagement and efficiencies.
- Researching and resolvingescalated employee/retiree issues.
- Reviewing SPDs, SBCs, benefit communications, and other plan documents to ensure that all plan provisions are accurately reflected.
- Working with outsourced administrator and internal Verizon departments to maximize plan performance and the employee experience, as well as continually improve processes.
What we’re looking for...
You can take the complex and make it simple to understand. You’re a great program manager and you’re energized by a fast-paced work environment. You have a genuine desire to help others live better and have healthier lives.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Health Management, or any related field, or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Managed a benefits or wellness program.
- Translated complex benefits into easy-to-understand language.
- Juggled multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Handled highly confidential information.
- Worked on medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.