Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
MetLife has announced it plans to separate a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail business. While the structure and timing of the separation are still being determined, and the separation remains subject to several contingencies, any separated company will be branded Brighthouse Financial. This role will be responsible for directing and administering the day-to-day operations of the Company’s group employee benefits programs, including making judgments and recommendations for benefit plan and process changes and improvements, to ensure the company retains a competitive benefit posture in the marketplace. This position will also provide project management, analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs.
- Responsible for coordination of efforts between payroll, HR, finance and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee and payroll data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports).
- Assist with administration of employee benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan) and other voluntary plans and programs
- Administer leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Utilize project management expertise and experience in the implementation and delivery of benefit and leave plans and programs
- Serve as liason with plan vendors and third-party administrators in the coordination and transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Assist with daily benefits processing activities - enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans. Allocate group health and dental claims monthly and reviews quarterly.
- Assist with plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments.
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys, review and summarize information obtained from the results for consideration in future benefit plan design changes and enhancements.
- Provide excellent customer service support to internal and external customers. Oversee development of benefits communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits plans and programs.
- Direct Reports: None
- Other Key Stakeholders: Works closely with key contacts in HR and senior leadership, the functional areas of compensation and benefits, legal, finance, tax and payroll, and manages external vendors and third-party administrators.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in the field of HR, Finance or Accounting; SHRM and/or CEBS certifications preferred
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PPT, Project and Access; experience with HRIS and benefits databases.
- Strong project and team management skills and experience. Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Capability of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs. Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal, state and local regulations, filing and compliance requirements,affecting employee benefits and payroll, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 36582