Benefits Manager - Health & Welfare - Gaithersburg, Maryland
we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The Benefits Manager - Health & Welfare
in Gaithersburg, Maryland
will focus on US based Health & Welfare benefits. Works with colleagues in Human Resources, Finance and Legal to ensure that the development and execution of Benefits Strategy is a reflection of the needs of the Business, its People, and Performance and Reward strategy. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements US health & welfare benefit strategy through development and management of key benefit programs in local market
- Reviews health & welfare benefits provisions, monitoring cost, ,financial impact and competitiveness of package to market. Works with providers to maximize effectiveness of health & welfare programs
- Acts as an expert resource, managing health & welfare benefit delivery and providing advice on benefit practice, integration issues (e.g. mergers and acquisitions) within own area and across the wider HR community
- Supports in the communication of health & welfare benefit programs both within and outside the HR team
- Working across the HR function and business, aligns benefit program delivery with wider HR and business objectives, ensuring interventions are integrated in a consistent way that supports AZ's organisational objectives
- Manages relationships with brokers, consultants, vendors, and insurance providers
- Reviews health & welfare benefit policies, ensuring adherence with regulatory, legal and best practice approaches
- Manages program budgets; leads projects, tracks and reports key metric; and oversees facilitates program compliance matters
- Builds capability within the function to deliver against objectives and build the HR talent pipeline
- Bachelor Degree
- Formal qualifications and eight to ten years of recent Health & Welfare Benefit Management experience
- In-depth knowledge of policies, process and procedures pertaining to healthcare, life insurance and disability programs, COBRA, ACA requirements and other significant health & welfare benefits arrangements
- Experience working in a public multi-national, multi-division corporation
- Experience managing benefit related merger and acquisition activities
- Necessary people skills to engage and influence major stakeholders and internal clients
- Wide experience of managing cross-functional projects,
- Ability to think and plan and manage activity in a structured manner
- High level proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and Word
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Masters preferred
- Post Graduate Qualifications in subject area
- Workday experience
- Additional experience in other Benefit Management areas such as Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution plans is a plus
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca