Under general supervision of the Clinical Practice Consultant - Pharmacy is responsible for supporting all patients to ensure the prescribed drug therapy and pharmacy care plan are followed as prescribed and also meet the medical social and personal needs of the patient.
- Provides intake services and setup for all new patients
- Review patient information from Electronic Health Record
- Input and process prescriptions.
- Coordinates the patient's care with physician offices nurses pharmacists and patients.
- Performs insurance verification both major medical and pharmacy benefits.
- Coordinates prescription deliveries and refills for patients.
- Works with home health nursing visits and maintenance of a patient census throughout the course of their therapy.
- Supports other team members in the healthcare team.
- Ensures a continuous quality improvement customer service approach by proactively identifying areas of improvement and communicating those ideas to the healthcare team.
- Maintains current documentation related to the patients drug therapy and pharmacy care plan. Flag issues that need to be addressed.
- Coordinates responses and resolutions to issues with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Actively participates in roundtable discussions with Pharmacists Nursing Services and Pharmacy Care Coordinators to review cases and related drug therapy and pharmacy care plan issues.
- Maintains and promotes positive and professional working relationships with associates and management.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree Program or equivalent combination of experience and education. 1-2 years pharmacy experience. Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred. Work hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm.
- Able to read prescriptions
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Adept at handling sensitive and confidential situations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to resolve associate issues quickly and efficiently
- Ability to represent a positive and professional image
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel Power Point and Outlook
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.